Nets after Dwight Howard

Real Deal

• Owner

If Hedo is gone and Arenas is amnestied, would Magic fall under the cap?

Yes. They'd be around $45 million in payroll.

If Howard is dealt with Hedo, the Nets would have to give more than just Lopez. Probably Outlaw.

So, the Magic COULD end up with a $37-38 million payroll...but that's assuming the Nets could absorb the rest of the trade, just off the top of my head. Outlaw and Lopez are around $10 million. NJ would have to be able to absorb $13-14 million.

Or...hell, they could use the clause on Outlaw early, to make more room.

It'd be cool if the Nets had Dwight and Deron and Knicks have Melo and Stat...Don't like the Nets but sort of hope it happens just for a rivalry sake.

I don't see Orlando accepting that though. They'll need to offer more than that.

Definitely not enough, that deal is laughable compared to what the Clippers can offer.

The Rockets pick is top-14 protected until 2016, and if the Nets do get that dream duo of Deron and Dwight, their pick would be in the late teens/20's. Brook Lopez, while a quality center, isn't exactly what I want as the key piece in a deal. He had a good year scoring the ball, but was inefficient doing so, and only grabbed 6RPG.

Orlando can probably squeeze out Eric Gordon and a Minnesota unprotected 2012 pick which can turn out to be Anthony Davis. Not to mention they have the pieces to help Orlando's financial situation.

Billy King denied interest, which is more than likely an attempt to direct attention away from the Killer B's activity.

The rumored offer is probably just one to set the stage for negotiations. I don't think the Nets, or any of us, expect Orlando to be ready to deal Dwight until the trade deadline approaches unless they eye an unbeatable offer.

Among the smaller contracts, I certainly hope we keep Ammo, especially since Dwight mentioned him among the players with whom he would like to play.