Deron Williams will not sign extension with Nets

Dash

Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone

The Record just learned Deron Williams WILL NOT Sign an extension with the Nets and will play the year out. Link coming shortly.

InsideHoops InsideHoops.com

Update: Agent CONFIRMS Deron Williams won't sign Nets extension, will become free agent:

DeronWilliams Deron Williams

Don't know why people are tripping just bc I'm opting out doesn't mean that I won't resign with the nets! W/ new CBA it makes sense

http://twitter.com/#!/DeronWilliams/status/142336840505106432

Look, I won't be completely shocked if he left, he was caught off guard when New Jersey traded for him, this wasn't exactly where he wanted to be dealt to. But, I do have faith in Billy King, I think he will convince Deron to stay, not to mention playing in Brooklyn is enticing.

That changes things a little. Smart PR move on his part. If I'm NJ I go balls out to get Dwight and let these guys play together and then see if they wanna blow up what could be a potential contender. Take the gamble. If not, there's some monsters in college right now that you can rebuild with down the road.

So much for what? I would've been surprised if he signed the extension. He wants to see big names added... it's been understood for a while now.

I feel like you've been saying forever now that this man wanted to be the face of Brooklyn no matter what and was committed..oh well, its not like he even gave the nets the chance to get big names lol they haven't been able to make a move since acquiring, why come out now and say this BEFORE FA, nah Deron never wanted to be in NJ/Brooklyn clearly

I feel like you've been saying forever now that this man wanted to be the face of Brooklyn no matter what and was committed..oh well, its not like he even gave the nets the chance to get big names lol they haven't been able to make a move since acquiring, why come out now and say this BEFORE FA, nah Deron never wanted to be in NJ/Brooklyn clearly

Why come out now? Because they just negotiated a new CBA and Deron and Schwartz can clearly see how much more money he would make if he were to wait until the summer.

This really isn't news. The main objective of this offseason is to begin acquiring the teammates that would convince Deron to stay.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

"I like this organization a lot. I like the direction they’re going. They made me and my family feel real comfortable since I’ve gotten here."

"I like Coach Johnson — the way he coaches and the way he carries himself. I definitely can see myself staying here."

"We’ve had a lot of open communication in a short period of time that I really like. And just the organization in general, how they handle themselves from top to bottom. I think everybody has just been great here and I like how things are run."

After touring the Barclays Center: "This place will be a ballers' paradise!"

"We got the young pieces, but we need some proven guys, some veterans that have been around that have won. That’s what we are going to try and accomplish in the off-season ... I am all about winning. I’m not really interested in being on a team that’s going to try and rebuild for years and years."

He said he wouldn't sign an extension as of right now.

It's not like he flat out said he is not going to re-sign with the team.

He would be stupid to sign a long-term extension right now anyways. Of course a player of Deron Williams' calibre is going to test the market, or, at the very least, wait until the midway point of the season so that he can get a better understanding of what he is working with before signing an extension.

Pretty much every big name UFA does this.

Well besides the ones saying you have to trade me here and nowhere else.

Yeah, but if he plays the loyal card and then leaves in the offseason with no return, is that really better?

Not saying this is what Deron will do, but if his mind was already made up, wouldn't that be preferred?