Albert Pujols to Angels

Dash

How random. Kind of surprised he would leave St Louis where he has such a legacy and just dip for money. I mean having 200 million makes you rich, 250 million just allows you to brag about a bit more.

Im glad we didn't give in to that deal. I wanted Pujols, but once I found out he wanted like 10 yrs 250 million I was hoping we wouldn't go for it. He is going to be dead weight in the last 5 years of his contract.

Alex Rodriguez signed a 10-year contract with the Rangers back in 2001 that was worth $252 million. Albert Pujols' 10-year deal with the Angels is worth $254 million. Coincidence that it's $2 million more? I don't think so.

Yea but he doesn't actually get all that money, he would have made more with the Marlins because we have no state income tax.

Even before the tax thing, the Marlins offer was supposedly higher. Guess he just prefers LA.

I think the Angels were the only ones that hit the 250 million mark, the Cardinals gave the 4th best offer, and there was another team in there along with the Marlins but no one knows what team it was.

We also refuse to give no-trade clauses to any player, so that is probably why he chose the Angels over us.

I think the Angels were the only ones that hit the 250 million mark, the Cardinals gave the 4th best offer, and there was another team in there along with the Marlins but no one knows what team it was.

We also refuse to give no-trade clauses to any player, so that is probably why he chose the Angels over us.

Word is that the Marlins offered 275, but their refusal to include a no-trade clause was the deciding factor.

Alex Rodriguez signed a 10-year contract with the Rangers back in 2001 that was worth $252 million. Albert Pujols' 10-year deal with the Angels is worth $254 million. Coincidence that it's $2 million more? I don't think so.

lol A-Rod still holds the record for 275 mill in 2007 so I don't get your point...

Word is that the Marlins offered 275, but their refusal to include a no-trade clause was the deciding factor.

275? All I heard was that they offered below 250. I am glad we didn't go to 275, we have overpaid everyone we wanted already.

How random. Kind of surprised he would leave St Louis where he has such a legacy and just dip for money. I mean having 200 million makes you rich, 250 million just allows you to brag about a bit more.

He gave the organization two years to sign him they waited just so he would get paid more and they lost im not surprised at all he left good for him. It s a business at the end of the day.