Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clips

Good signing by the Clippers if he can stay healthy, they needed another experienced vet who can help carry the scoring load. The Clips could possibly be a playoff contender with a lineup of Mo, Gordan, Caron, Blake, Kaman and Aminu, Bledsoe, and Jordan of the bench.

Edited by htownborn

• Owner

Anyway they now include gordon for cp3?

Probably not. Butler is a decent player, but he's not THAT good. I think Griffin and Gordon are the two players the Clips are fully dedicated to, and since they believe Bledsoe can be a decent PG, that hurts the trade as well.

Not sure how I feel about it... on one hand Butler is a pretty good fit, plays a position of need and will help them become a playoff team immediately, but on the other hand.. he is already 31, which isn't really old, but he isn't really a long term solution for this team, and is taking up useful cap space.

It is a nice, tradeable cap hit though, so I guess they could include him in a trade down the line if they wanted too... I don't know, I guess it just means that they are going to stand pat for now.

Jordan-Griffin-Butler-Gordon-Mo should be a playoff team though.

I like that the Clips were aggressive, they got a major upgrade at the SF over Gomes. I think the Clips want him as more of a glue guy rather than a top option on offense. Actually, come to think of it, he would fit in nicely as a sixth man. He's a volume scorer that needs the ball in his hands in order to be effective. Start a low usage guy like Gomes, and have Butler work with the second unit. I know they didn't pay 8 million for a guy to come off the bench, but it would get the most production out of him.

Just heard Caron interviewed on NBAtv. Definitely said the right things and seems excited to be coming here. Seems like a good guy with the right attitude. I'm definitely on board with this signing. The good news sports fans.

healthy Butler ~ 18 ppg

Mo' 15 ppg

EJ 20 + ppg

BG 20+

CK 15

+ DJ

I'll bet Gomes drops 8ppg off the bench

THEY ALL WANT TO BE CLIPPERS

mogotti25 Mo Williams

"We got toughjuice enroute to LA. We got better today!!!! Welcome my friend"

Mo really did his part in making the pitch to Butler. He and Butler both really want to be here, and have the talent to and leadership to help Blake and EJ. Love the way this team is shaping up. Can't wait to see them in action! Btw... "toughjuice"... I like it!

Last buit not least -- Caron Butler interview on joining team:

http://dailynba.org/daily-highlight/09/12/2011/game-time-caron-butler.html