I'm sorry, LeBron...

Real Deal

• Owner

While I still don't like your attitude, I now see why you did what you did to Dan Gilbert.

Maybe the Cleveland fans didn't deserve the whole TV fiasco, but Dan Gilbert sure the hell did...and I, too, want to dropkick his son in the face while he holds his #1 pick jersey.

I will be rooting for you and the Heat when you play the Cavaliers this season.

January 24th

February 7th

February 17th

On my calendar.

- Brandon

While I still don't like your attitude, I now see why you did what you did to Dan Gilbert.

Maybe the Cleveland fans didn't deserve the whole TV fiasco, but Dan Gilbert sure the hell did...and I, too, want to dropkick his son in the face while he holds his #1 pick jersey.

I will be rooting for you and the Heat when you play the Cavaliers this season.

January 24th

February 7th

February 17th

On my calendar.

- Brandon

• Like 1

You're really going to blame one sole man for a trade not happening?

Obviously other owners agreed, they just didn't have the balls to speak up. Stern wouldn't make a decision off one owner.

And don't think the league favors Cleveland...because we reap NO benefits from this new era of basketball.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• Owner

Obviously other owners agreed, they just didn't have the balls to speak up. Stern wouldn't make a decision off one owner.

And don't think the league favors Cleveland...because we reap NO benefits from this new era of basketball.

I didn't like many of the owners to begin with, so they'll get the blame by default.

But Gilbert, and the Cavaliers...two I supported last season. Big time. I wanted the Cavaliers to make the playoffs, and I wanted them to somehow, someway, with God's assistance, beat the Heat in the first round.

So Gilbert is now just about as worthless to me as Smush Parker, and that's pretty worthless.

Gilbert made his mistakes with LeBron, and because he was too stupid to trade him before the deal expired, he wants New Orleans to suffer like he does

Your owner wrote a [expletive]ing e-mail to David Stern bitching about a legal NBA trade. Whether I think it was a bad trade or not that's by far the most bitchassness I've ever seen in the NBA.

Its his fault you guys picked first last year. Not LeBron's, not the Heat not anyone but Dan Gilbert. He hired the shit GM's that couldn't get the job done bringing in talent around LeBron when they had the chance.

The whole pity card he's trying to play is pathetic.

• Like 3

I just don't get why players can't honor their contracts anymore. Why does Paul has to force his way out like Melo did?

The Lakers fans are mad they didn't get another star, yet some small markets don't enjoy ANY stars.

The lockout had arguments over this happening, and for it to pop up right after the cab is ratified is so over the top.

If this happened/happens mid-season, it will not be rejected. It's timing to me imo.

I just don't get why players can't honor their contracts anymore. Why does Paul has to force his way out like Melo did?

The Lakers fans are mad they didn't get another star, yet some small markets don't enjoy ANY stars.

The lockout had arguments over this happening, and for it to pop up right after the cab is ratified is so over the top.

If this happened/happens mid-season, it will not be rejected. It's timing to me imo.

Paul is perfectly willing to play out his contract. He isn't threatening to sit out the season or some shit like NFL players do. He is letting them know that he isn't going to resign, and if they want something in return, it might be in your best interest to trade me to a team that will give you some value. I don't know how you can bitch about this when LeBron played Cleveland like a fool. No shit he was going to leave Cleveland, you guys got nothing done. He wouldn't sign an extension. DING DING DING, he's leaving

Your owner wrote a [expletive]ing e-mail to David Stern bitching about a legal NBA trade. Whether I think it was a bad trade or not that's by far the most bitchassness I've ever seen in the NBA.

Its his fault you guys picked first last year. Not LeBron's, not the Heat not anyone but Dan Gilbert. He hired the shit GM's that couldn't get the job done bringing in talent around LeBron when they had the chance.

The whole pity card he's trying to play is pathetic.

I didn't bring up LeBron, but you did.

A few points...those GMs picked who LeBron wanted. And LeBron did a shitty ass job of recruiting guys like he does now in Miami.

And it doesn't make sense that David Stern, who said of LeBron's decision "The performance was fine. His honesty and his integrity, I think, shined through. But this decision was ill-conceived," arguably complimenting, would do whatever Dan Gilbert wants.

There are PLENTY of small markets in the NBA, more small than large...majority rule wins.

Paul is perfectly willing to play out his contract. He isn't threatening to sit out the season or some shit like NFL players do. He is letting them know that he isn't going to resign, and if they want something in return, it might be in your best interest to trade me to a team that will give you some value. I don't know how you can bitch about this when LeBron played Cleveland like a fool. No shit he was going to leave Cleveland, you guys got nothing done. He wouldn't sign an extension. DING DING DING, he's leaving

It's the WAY it's handled.

Remember when the Nuggets were being booed last year during a point with the Melo drama? He was being booed while he was still playing games.

All he has to do is tell management and not being an A-HOLE during the process.

• Owner

Laker fans aren't mad because we didn't get another superstar, we're mad because our trade was axed without a proper vote by the other 29 GM's (and even then, it's conflict of interest), and even worse, we're mad because we aren't the only ones that were allowed to talk trades with the Hornets, to actually MAKE the trade and have it go viral, and to now have to deal with Gasol and Odom being pissed off and feeling unwanted.

If you thought Cleveland was wronged, you have no idea.

fwiw, as a laker fan, if this whole trade fiasco doesnt work itself out, im gonna be rooting for lebron and the heat to win the finals to stick it to the small market teams and all these bitchy owners. if cp3 cant come to LA, i hope he finds his way to NY to team up with amare and carmelo, and hopefully dwight finds a way to NJ to team up with deron.

as long as boston doesnt win ill be happy with either miami/ny/nj

This trade [expletive]s over the Lakers in just about anyway imaginable. How are Pau and Odom going to act tomorrow IF they even go to camp? Odom was being quite a little baby about being traded.

I didn't bring up LeBron, but you did.

A few points...those GMs picked who LeBron wanted. And LeBron did a shitty ass job of recruiting guys like he does now in Miami.

And it doesn't make sense that David Stern, who said of LeBron's decision "The performance was fine. His honesty and his integrity, I think, shined through. But this decision was ill-conceived," arguably complimenting, would do whatever Dan Gilbert wants.

There are PLENTY of small markets in the NBA, more small than large...majority rule wins.

Damn right I brought up LeBron, because you were throwing a show every day on here last year about him. Are you that blind enough to think that LeBron didn't want them to trade for Amare no matter who they had to give up? The chance was there wasn't it? Your franchise would likely have a ring and none of this would be happening. I really doubt he gave a [expletive] about losing JJ Hickson but instead he got stuck with Antawn Jamison...Antawn Jamison?

Dan Gilbert was the [expletive]ing leader of the whole small market owners causing the lockout this summer. Almost everyone with a brain knows that. He's still butthurt over LeBron and who knows how much longer he's going to take it out on teams with competent management who've proven that they can build winning teams.

I think Cleveland is being wronged NOW.

I understand your pain as a Laker fan here.

I heard about the trade, then I heard the trade stopped. Then I go on twitter, and it's yet again, another blame it on Dan Gilbert party...wtf? Stop blaming everything on HIM.

He's just one of the few owners willing to speak up. Read his email, and don't blame HIM solely.

If you want to blame people, blame the owners.

Sick and tired of Gilbert getting so much hate. Some deserved? Yes, but to this extend is incomprehensible.

• Owner

fwiw, as a laker fan, if this whole trade fiasco doesnt work itself out, im gonna be rooting for lebron and the heat to win the finals to stick it to the small market teams and all these bitchy owners.

Haha, I won't go that far.

But, I'll hope that CP3 goes to the Knicks, that Howard goes to the, uh, Clippers, and that the Conference Finals are:

Lakers/Clippers

Heat/Knicks

For the next 2-3 years.

Damn right I brought up LeBron, because you were throwing a show every day on here last year about him. Are you that blind enough to think that LeBron didn't want them to trade for Amare no matter who they had to give up? The chance was there wasn't it? Your franchise would likely have a ring and none of this would be happening. I really doubt he gave a [expletive] about losing JJ Hickson but instead he got stuck with Antawn Jamison...Antawn Jamison?

Dan Gilbert was the [expletive]ing leader of the whole small market owners causing the lockout this summer. Almost everyone with a brain knows that. He's still butthurt over LeBron and who knows how much longer he's going to take it out on teams with competent management who've proven that they can build winning teams.

You mean the same Antawn Jamison, who, after we acquired, every analyst booked the Cavs winning it all? (At the time, we didn't know LeBron needed to play with the sun and the moon to win a title). And I'll go further but you brought the Cavs up. How do you explain beating Boston by almost THIRTY to take a 2-1 lead...then you just disappear? And then he disappeared again last year for your team? What is in common with both times? He was EXPECTED to win, and he didn't. What's the old saying? Pressure bursts the pipe. NO MENTAL TOUGHNESS.

So now Dan Gilbert CAUSED the lockout? This is so egregious...what's next is Dan Gilbert the reason your team won't win a championship?

And WHY shouldn't he be pissed about LeBron leaving??? Put yourself in that situation.

You mean the same Antawn Jamison, who, after we acquired, every analyst booked the Cavs winning it all? (At the time, we didn't know LeBron needed to play with the sun and the moon to win a title). And I'll go further but you brought the Cavs up. How do you explain beating Boston by almost THIRTY to take a 2-1 lead...then you just disappear? And then he disappeared again last year for your team? What is in common with both times? He was EXPECTED to win, and he didn't.

So now Dan Gilbert CAUSED the lockout? This is so egregious...what's next is Dan Gilbert the reason your team won't win a championship?

And WHY shouldn't he be pissed about LeBron leaving??? Put yourself in that situation.

Lol, they could've had Amare. Can you even grasp that concept? Amare is on another planet compared to old man Jamison. Dan Gilbert didn't cause the lockout, but your damn right he was at the forefront of the hard-line owners that were making this thing get out of hand. I can post countless articles if that's what you want.

Its fine to be mad for a couple months but to still act like a bitch over a year after is just retarded.