Magic contemplating filing tampering charges

Real Deal

First off, nobody knows if the deal is off. Secondly, the package for Dwight was great. Getting a 23 year old center to team up with his close friend Anderson, along with first round picks in an era of basketball dominated by super teams.

Personally I can't even see Nets winning it all with the Dwight in the lineup. Of course the lineup would be different and we'd be a playoff team but at the end of the day, Magic lose Dwight no matter what by the looks of it.

New Jersey would lose draft picks that are required from what Orlando wants for Dwight. And now that we know this meeting to place because of Chris Broussard reporting it punishment could be far more worse then just losing draft picks.

New Jersey would lose draft picks that are required from what Orlando wants for Dwight. And now that we know this meeting to place because of Chris Broussard reporting it punishment could be far more worse then just losing draft picks.

Picks that would have went to Orlando hence why Orlando is losing. I wouldn't care if they took all our picks for the next five years because clearly we aren't going to win through the draft any time soon.

This is off topic but Jon Barry just ripped Dan Gilbert "You had 8 years to surround LeBron with talent and you didn't. Run your team better." and had more to say into ripping Dan Gilbert.

Good. Gilbert is a huge piece of shit.

Latest news in this story Chirs Broussard spoke with Dwight half an hour ago and Dwight denying meeting with the Nets however Chris is trusting his sources and is still saying his sources told him this meeting happened last night. Dwight will report to camp and talk to Otis Smith what the future will look like.

https://twitter.com/#!/nydninternets/status/145216782809038848

I sure hope the Magic have some solid proof because this would be nuts if they didn't.

Chris Broussard is saying Orlando has evidence with their own sources saying this meeting did happen.

Chris Broussard is saying Orlando has evidence with their own sources saying this meeting did happen.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think right now. On one hand I don't think Billy King is dumb enough to tamper, but on the other hand maybe he is lol

Is everyone in the NBA stupid? It feels like the NBA is falling apart. If you are dumb enough to get caught tampering then you deserve the charges, I can guarantee there is so much tampering that goes unnoticed. We probably tampered to get Lebron and Bosh, in some way or another, just didn't get caught.

Dwight denied it, and Prokhorov was in Moscow five days ago. On the other hand, this is a pretty big claim for the Magic to be lying. Proving it may be very hard, but it could potentially create bad blood between the two teams with negotiations.

Doesn't make sense as I read the article you posted it says the Magic will investigate first and if they have solid evidence they they will to the full extent got after New Jersey.

``There aren’t any tampering charges. Dwight is under contract with us and our rules in the league are very explicit about when a player is under contract with a team other teams aren’t allowed to contact that player or a representative about them,’’ said Martins, who was promoted from team president to CEO earlier in the week. ``If that’s been voided in any way we’ll deal with it to the fullest extent that the NBA’s Constitution allows. But at this stage there aren’t any tampering charges.’’

If a team is determined to have tampered with a player under contract they would be at the mercy of NBA Commissioner David Stern. Stern has taken such matters in the past very seriously and he would likely impose serious penalties. Such punishment could include fines, loss of draft picks or denying the team the right to sign the player in the future.

``I’ve seen reports, but I have no idea if (Howard) met with them or not,’’ Martins said. ``We’ll take a look into that. But at this stage it’s just a report.’’

Martins reiterated his desire to keep Howard in Orlando long term. Martins said that the Magic’s management team has spoken to the only player in history to win the Defensive Player of the Year award three consecutive seasons repeatedly this week, and he’s said that he’s committed to Orlando.

``Everything that we’ve heard from Dwight this week wouldn’t indicate (that he wants to leave). He’s told us that he loves Orlando and that he wants to be here,’’ Martins said. ``Those conversations continue. We’re not going to talk about the specifics and all of the exchanges, but everything we’ve heard is that he loves it here and wants to be here. We’ll take him at his word.’’

What the [expletive] is going on in Orlando first Howard's agent said Orlando gave him permission to talk teams and those teams later on were revealed to be the Nets and Lakers now the President of Orlando is disputing this and story will be up on Sports Illustrated