Billups does not want teams to bid on him

Real Deal

• Owner
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Billups wants freedom to choose team. Warns those who'd claim him: You'll regret it. "I'm tired of being the glue guy." Story soon on Y!

Billups: "People take my kindness and professionalism for weakness. They think I’ll be OK with (getting claimed). I won’t be OK with this."

For teams considering claim on Chauncey Billups, he tells Y!: "A leader can be as disruptive as he can be productive..This is about me now."

Dude is nuts. Supposedly, he wants the Heat.

I personally think if he manages to end up going to the heat they become the heavy favorite to win it all unless CP3 and Dwight both go to LA.

Billups

Wade

Lebron

Bosh

? It really doesn't matter

Would be one good ass starting five.

EDIT: And the bench would have...Haslem, Jones, Miller, Chalmers, and Battier. Damn.

Edited by ChosenOne

Billups would get torched by any team with an above average quick point guard. Billups doesn't put them over the top, not by a long shot. He is definitely an upgrade over what they have now though, as sad as that is, and he is still a presence despite how overrated he is (and always has been).

The Heat are still so focused on everything they DON'T need right now.

I know! Pisses me off... GO FOR A CENTER MIAMI!!

Me thinks Jermaine O'Neal is headed this way after the West trade. Us or the Lakers. If we bring in those 2 you have to think Eddie House and one of Juwan Howard/Pittman/Curry may be gone.

[expletive] Billups anyway. He loved to chuck up shots with his 30 games or so played as a Knick. He'd chuck up such terrible shots and miss 90% of them. So frustrating.

Pretty glad he's gone. Gimmie a healthy TD23 and possibly Barea (perfect fit for NYK offense imo)

[expletive] Billups anyway. He loved to chuck up shots with his 30 games or so played as a Knick. He'd chuck up such terrible shots and miss 90% of them. So frustrating.

Pretty glad he's gone. Gimmie a healthy TD23 and possibly Barea (perfect fit for NYK offense imo)

Well that offense is as run and gun as it gets. IMO he's much better suited for our half court offense.

Well that offense is as run and gun as it gets. IMO he's much better suited for our half court offense.

Agreed. He was doing the chucking on the fast break. He'd pull up from the 3 pt line and miss so many times.

He could fit well for the Heat. I'd definietly want him if I were Miami.

And Barea would fit perfect for NYK Flash (best realistic option outside of CP3), he's exactly what the Knicks need.

It didn't help that Dantoni preferred Toney Douglas over him either.

Barea's role in this league is being a spark plug off the bench. He's a defensive liability, and is more of a change of pace guy than anything else. He's a good pick & roll guy and a solid shooter, but he can't run an offense.

• Like 1

I think Barea could be an effective starter. Yeah, hes no superstar, definitely not, but on a team with Melo and Stoudemire I think he fits perfect.

And who cares if he's starting? He's perfect for 20-25 MPG. You need a guy behind him though.

Like I said before, I fully expect Barea to be overrated after his performance in the Finals, it happened with role players before. And I've also said this before, in Dantoni's offense, you need a good passer, Barea is not one. It's fine if they sign him, but starting him would be risky.