Chris Paul to the Clippers?

Lkr

I'm honestly beginning to think that the Wolves' pick isn't all that. Adelman has proven time and time again that he help a team win games even without a true star (see the Rockets in 2010 without McGrady, Yao or Artest) and if the Wolves can turn some of their young talent into a guy like Kevin Martin then they could be on the way up in the standings. Not saying that they will make the playoffs but there is a good chance their pick won't be in the top 5.

I think they're still a ways away. The young core is there but they don't have THE GUY yet that a team needs. Love is a terrific player but IMO he can't be the man on a team. He's a better robin than he is batman if you wanna use that analogy. Rubio is a question mark as well so we'll see. A top 10 pick in this draft is going to be huge in building these franchises.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

The Clips can entice Howard with this...shoot out Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, and a couple of first-rounders. That would make me sick.

Hard to see how they would make the Howard/Griffin duo work, though...but it's possible, with CP3 running the show.

The Clips can entice Howard with this...shoot out Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, and a couple of first-rounders. That would make me sick.

Hard to see how they would make the Howard/Griffin duo work, though...but it's possible, with CP3 running the show.

Yeah that would be absurd. But I look at it this way. If the league made it impossible for the Lakers to do it, there's no way they'd let the Clippers do it. Doesn't make any sense business wise. But that's just one angle to look at it from.

• Owner

Yeah that would be absurd. But I look at it this way. If the league made it impossible for the Lakers to do it, there's no way they'd let the Clippers do it. Doesn't make any sense business wise. But that's just one angle to look at it from.

The league can't stop a Howard trade. It's not the Hornets dealing D12.

The New Orleans Hornets and Los Angeles Clippers submitted a multiplayer blockbuster deal to the NBA on Sunday that would send All-Star point guard Chris Paul to Los Angeles, a source with knowledge of the discussions said Monday.

But the trade as presented has one hitch: The league, which owns the Hornets, wanted Eric Bledsoe, while the Clippers want to keep their point guard, the source said.

The deal would be done if the league hadn't asked for Bledsoe, according to the source.

The trade as submitted would cost the Clippers guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman and forward Al-Farouq Aminu. It would also include Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2012.

The Los Angeles Times, citing two sources familiar with the discussions, reported late Sunday the deal included Bledsoe, but the source told ESPN that is not so.

Source

So the Clippers surrendered Gordon and the Minny first-round pick, yet they aren't willing to let Bledsoe go?

• Owner

It's going to be an exiting decade for the Hornets. They will win 20 games next season, have two top ten picks in the draft, select two busts, have more bad seasons, relocate, and be in the same position as they are today...in a different city.

daldridgetnt David Aldridge

Source: CP3 to Clippers is "close," but not yet done.

Aldridge on the conflicting reports:

And, folks: don't go nuts if there's conflicting info on deal out there. We all have sources we trust. This is happening in real time. Trades go back and forth. Not done until they're done--or until they collapse.