New York at Washington

Real Deal

Melo looking like fellow NY great Mariano Rivera, just keep giving it to him and we got this...

Glad I didn't have to eat these words lol

http://www.nba.com/media/act_carmelo_anthony.jpg>http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/05/john-wall-0410-307-1274074432.jpg

Calm down Wall, you good, but you not get in Melo's face and talk shit good...

Is there any question that Iman Shumpert should be starting for this ballclub? 10 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, a block, and a +20. Makes smart decisions, hits the open man, super athletic, plays hardnosed defense.. he is the best player on this team after the big 3.

No question, actually 6 steals too they creditted Amar'e with a steal that Shumpert tipped away from Wall

Considering it was reported he could be starting tonight and he started the second half and he was +20, I'd say about 110%

Nice!

EDIT: I like the way this kid played today, hes gonna be something special for the Knicks.

Edited by ChosenOne

Main thing I came away from this game with on the Wizards end is that they have a very young and immature team. They play too emotionally (in a bad way) and let every call/non-call effect them on both ends of the court. Wall clapping in Melo's face, Singleton scrapping with Melo, Serafin scrapping with Chandler, Blatche scrapping with Amar'e.. it does absolutely nothing positive for the game they're trying to put together, all it does is awaken a motivation in a team that had absolutely none in the first quarter.

Too many emotional highs and lows for them to be a consistent basketball team over 48 minutes. I saw several times where a guy would get stripped, turn the ball over, or get a non-call on the offensive end, and then run down and commit a foul on the defensive end. That has to be coached out of them.

Wall is a beast though, he's way too fast to be contained.. and Young has a gorgeous shot.

lol knicks were pretty bad again. lucky to escape. wizards are so [expletive]ing awful it's incredible. they just do such stupid shit to lose.

toney douglas is awful btw

toney douglas is awful btw

Pretty sure the writing was on the wall for him tonight, logging only 12 minutes (long enough for him to log an 0-5, 3 turnover, -12 line though!). Can't believe the Knicks were reluctant to ship this guy out in a Jamal Crawford S&T, we'd be in much better shape.

Pretty sure the writing was on the wall for him tonight, logging only 12 minutes (long enough for him to log an 0-5, 3 turnover, -12 line though!). Can't believe the Knicks were reluctant to ship this guy out in a Jamal Crawford S&T, we'd be in much better shape.

yeah we could've used another scorer off the bench in the 6th man role for sure but i wish we could've shipped him and a draft pick for a passing PG...maybe there was no option but i would've expolored it for sure

I really thought the Knicks would be the 2 seed in the East this year but no way are they passing Chicago. Is you guys' back court really that much of a liability?

The backcourt is horrendous, save Iman Shumpert. It's a definite concern. But the biggest problem is the defense.. whatever's new just hasn't worked yet.

Love the effort tonight, we came up short, but this is exactly what I've been waiting for. We're designed to go on the break, we went away from that late in the second and the majority of the third because we couldn't rebound, but eventually it came back in the fourth.

Wall looked great, he couldn't finish on his drives early on, but he stayed aggressive. For the past 5 games, when he wasn't finishing, he was completely out of it mentally. Nice to see him staying confident. However, only thing I was concerned with on offensewas his inability to see the man leading the break, he needs to give the ball up rather than just dribbling down the court every time he gets the chance. And on defense, he still has a lot to improve upon regarding pick and roll defense.

New York's transition defense was terrible all game, especially early on. Melo was forcing a lot of shots early on, and it led to poor defense.

Melo and Pierce have both frustrated Singleton this year, mainly due to his lack of lower body strength and his inexperience. Pretty pathetic how the help defense never came in time, gotta work on that.

Love the effort tonight, we came up short, but this is exactly what I've been waiting for. We're designed to go on the break, we went away from that late in the second and the majority of the third because we couldn't rebound, but eventually it came back in the fourth.

Wall looked great, he couldn't finish on his drives early on, but he stayed aggressive. For the past 5 games, when he wasn't finishing, he was completely out of it mentally. Nice to see him staying confident. However, only thing I was concerned with on offensewas his inability to see the man leading the break, he needs to give the ball up rather than just dribbling down the court every time he gets the chance. And on defense, he still has a lot to improve upon regarding pick and roll defense.

New York's transition defense was terrible all game, especially early on. Melo was forcing a lot of shots early on, and it led to poor defense.

Melo and Pierce have both frustrated Singleton this year, mainly due to his lack of lower body strength and his inexperience. Pretty pathetic how the help defense never came in time, gotta work on that.

Wall looked great? Ok, calm down. He's a good transition player, because he's fast as hell. But he's got a long way to go to be a good PG and a real good player. First of all, his shot is absolutely horrendous. He needs to work on it...alot. If he could develop that, he'd be nasty. D-Rose worked on his shot, and it did wonders for his game. Wall is shooting 33%, which is horrendous considering how easily he can get to the rim in transition. Wall could be a great player, has so much ability. But right now, I'd have to say he's one of the most overhyped players in the game.

And yeah, on the "no help defense comment..." WTF. Why wasn't Carmelo doubled? Lol horrible coaching.

Wall looked great? Ok, calm down. He's a good transition player, because he's fast as hell. But he's got a long way to go to be a good PG and a real good player. First of all, his shot is absolutely horrendous. He needs to work on it...alot. If he could develop that, he'd be nasty. D-Rose worked on his shot, and it did wonders for his game. Wall is shooting 33%, which is horrendous considering how easily he can get to the rim in transition. Wall could be a great player, has so much ability. But right now, I'd have to say he's one of the most overhyped players in the game.

And yeah, on the "no help defense comment..." WTF. Why wasn't Carmelo doubled? Lol horrible coaching.

Finally someone who I share the same opinion on John Wall with

• Owner

That's a VERY GENEROUS analysis of the Wizards. I thought they played terrible basketball. They act like they all hate each other, and they were picking apart a Knicks team that was one of the worst in the conference (in my opinion), up until Washington thought it would be cool to piss Melo off.

Washington needs to pass the ball more, as a team. Getting a pass from Wall doesn't automatically mean the shot has to go up.

Oh, and I'm still backing Shumpert, from day one. I think he's the guy in New York, no doubt about it. Start him.