LA Lakers at Miami

Real Deal

Do the Lakers always wear these jerseys when they come to Miami?

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2wdy4ih.jpg

The fact that neither team is wearing white and that the Lakers' jerseys nearly match the color of the paint combine to make the court an odd sight. That being said, I really like these black jerseys.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

Gasol looks clueless out there right now.

Allowing Bosh to walk right by him (going to his left, no less) on defense, camping out behind the 3 point line on offense and then throwing a pass into an area with two Heat players and no Lakers.

James starting to take over right now. Barnes has no chance of guarding him.

The Lakers look awful on offense...

Yup.

I know Mike Brown likes to run the '4 out, 1 in' offense but the only way that offense is effective is if you have a stretch 4, which Gasol is not, and a guy who can constantly get into the paint to draw the defense and get open looks for the shooters, which Kobe can't do at this point in his career.

There are some very ugly possessions offensively for this team when Kobe isn't feeling it or they can't get Bynum single coverage on the low block, which rarely happens because the book it out on him. Double him and he can't do a thing.

So do we see 3-12 Kobe and sick LeBron in the 4th?

You'll see Kobe early in the 4th to try and cut the lead to around 10 or so before the 6 minute mark. If it is still a double digit lead after that point, Brown probably waves the white flag and rests his stars for the Magic tomorrow.

LeBron will probably come in when Kobe does to defend him.

EDIT: And as I type that both come in, haha.

I've only seen the 2nd half, but judging by their matchups last season and now this game, the Heat are just an awful matchup for the Lakers. They are quicker, more active, and are good enough on the boards and defensively to not be absued by Kobe/Bynum/Gasol.

If the Lakers want to contend, they NEED a Trevor Ariza type SF or a good, explosive PG. This team just isn't athletic enough to beat some of the elite teams like Miami.

Also, Eddy Curry's back! He actually hasn't looked too bad. He looks to be in great shape as well. If he can finish plays off and connect on the occasional post-up, he'll actually be a nice fit for the team at C. Despite Joel Anthony's inability to rebound, the Miami is still an elite rebounding team, so Curry's below average ability on the glass won't be a huge issue. And with a Riley/Spo defense and a lot of defensive talent surrounding him, I don't expect his defense to be exposed too much either. I'm actually starting to think he might have been a decent pickup, and if nothing else will be better than Pittman (or Z/Dampier from last season).

Also, Eddy Curry's back! He actually hasn't looked too bad. He looks to be in great shape as well. If he can finish plays off and connect on the occasional post-up, he'll actually be a nice fit for the team at C. Despite Joel Anthony's inability to rebound, the Miami is still an elite rebounding team, so Curry's below average ability on the glass won't be a huge issue. And with a Riley/Spo defense and a lot of defensive talent surrounding him, I don't expect his defense to be exposed too much either. I'm actually starting to think he might have been a decent pickup, and if nothing else will be better than Pittman (or Z/Dampier from last season).

He's really not close to where we want him to be either which is a good sign with him looking like this. Such a good sign because if we get legit offensive production at the 5...holy shit.