Portland at Toronto

Real Deal

• 4 weeks later...

Is it sad that I have basically lost interest in this game already?

Seeing DeRozan launch 3 bricks to start the game and then seeing Portland go on an 11-0 run immediately killed any interest I had in this game.

If only the lockout wiped out the whole season so I wouldn't have to force myself to watch this shit. :lol:

Been slacking on my Raptors watching this year big time, but after reading your posts, I just flicked it on and Demar is going off lol. Best I've seen him look, they need to run plays for the kid, he isn't the sort of player you can just give the ball and say "go get yours kid".

Jose definitely doesn't help, Mr. eat up 20 seconds then dish it off for a shitty look.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call that Casey needs to realize that you have to let these guys run, especially without Bargnani in the lineup.

Raptors come out looking to get into transition and they manage to cut the Blazers lead from 15 to 5 within 3 and a half minutes of play.

I realize that you want to try and develop guys in a half court offense because ultimately you need to be able to execute in that setting if you want to win in the playoffs, but you also have to play to your teams strengths and this team is at their best in transition. You get them feeling confident by seeing the ball go in through the hoop and hope that carries over to your halfcourt offense.

DeRozan with 12 points (all from attacking the hoop) in the 3rd already and James Johnson has sparked 3 fast breaks with his defense (2 blocks and a rebound).

I honestly think James Johnson can be an awesome role player if he can ever become a respectable shooter. Not even good, just respectable.

That and cut down on the stupid mistakes he is prone to making. Too often he gets out of control on his drives, forces a bad pass, takes a bad shot, picks up his dribble at poor times and plays too aggressively on defense.

I do agree with you, though. I like him quite a bit. We also have to remember that even though he is in his 3rd NBA season, he is basically a rookie when it comes to actually playing meaningful minutes at the NBA level.

Lmao, Gray absolutely leveled Felton on that screen. That was brilliant.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but the Raptors scored 32 points in the first half.

They pushed the ball, looked to run and got out in the open floor during the third and they scored 28 in the quarter.

Again, what else needs to happen before this team sheds this misconceived notion that they are a halfcourt team?

They still aren't going to win many games because they simply lack the talent to do so, but at least they will be more competitive, will be watchable and, most importantly, won't completely destroy the confidence of the players.

DeRozan with two straight solid passes for assists.

By no means were they anything special but he did a nice job of putting the ball on the floor, drawing the defense and kicking it out to the shooter (one was JJ the other was Barbosa).

Earlier in the season he would pick up his dribble or turn it over once the second defender came, so nice to see him make the smart play there.

EDIT: And just as I praise him, DeRozan launches an absolute brick from three. That was UGLY!

Barbosa is completely chucking out there right now. I think he has taken a shot the last 6 times he has touched the ball. He hasn't passed in a good 5 minutes out there.

It is kind of annoying when you consider how well JJ has played in the 4th and that DeMar was doing a solid job of attacking the rim and getting to the line, aside from that brick he threw up a fwe minutes ago.

30+/20+ for Aldridge....I like it.

He was fantastic in the 1st half, especially the 1st quarter, but he hasn't really played that well since in my opinion. His rebounding has been solid in the 2nd half but his offensive game has been off. Credit to him for battling, though.

I also think that maybe his back is bothering him. He came up lame on one play in the 1st quarter and went back to the locker room for a bit before coming back. He hasn't looked the same since that happened. He looked like he was going to put up a 40/45-25 game tonight before that happened.

Also, lets be honest, this game should have an asterisk beside it. After all, it is the Raptors. (Just kidding, sort of :lol:)