New York at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

12 players played for the Knicks tonight...Melo played the second most minutes on the team tied with Chandler and played 20 seconds less than Fields, Melo was dead last tied with no one in points, he was also the only Knick not to score a FG...end of the Melo ball era?

Edited by flsh7718

THAT was fun to watch.

Agreed and before you start up the Gallo Melo comparisons, no denying the Melo despite having a poor shooting night was a big catalyst for our offense tonight, making great passes and drawing extra attention whenever he grabbed the ball.

big win & knicks played real well. i like how melo worked the ball around, he got good shots but just wasn't hitting. tyson was an absolute animal, and amar'e is letting the game come to him.

CHA is awful, but these were the games we were losing last week. Just nice to see the Knicks really get after it. Need a big week here, let's go

Agreed and before you start up the Gallo Melo comparisons, no denying the Melo despite having a poor shooting night was a big catalyst for our offense tonight, making great passes and drawing extra attention whenever he grabbed the ball.

lol the Gallo Melo comparison was from a night where they played against and guarded each other..

That said, Melo did exactly what he should've. Had he felt it on those 7, he earns more. He was off, so he contributed in other ways. Perfect night. Draw and dish.

totally agree. question is, will that work against a real good team (ex. heat)? we sha'll find out!!

lol the Gallo Melo comparison was from a night where they played against and guarded each other..

I wasn't really talking about you, I'm talking about the whole Knicks fanbase who are set on destroying the Knicks for making last years trade. They will always be compared to each other though. BTW looked to me like Landry was guarding Gallo more than Melo was...

That said, Melo did exactly what he should've. Had he felt it on those 7, he earns more. He was off, so he contributed in other ways. Perfect night. Draw and dish.

Agreed. :)

• Owner

You can't find me a single elite scorer, since 1985 (as far back as I could look), that had 0-1 points in a game playing over 30 minutes AND in their prime. No one other than Melo.

I just went through a list of 684 guys that have started a game, 30+ minutes, 0-1 points, and not one of them was an elite scorer in the NBA and in their prime (saw a lot of Jason Kidd, Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman, lol).

The closest was Paul Pierce, just last season, when he went 0-10...but Pierce has been out of his prime, and not considered an elite scorer, for a couple of years now.

Crazy.

You can't find me a single elite scorer, since 1985 (as far back as I could look), that had 0-1 points in a game playing over 30 minutes AND in their prime. No one other than Melo.

I just went through a list of 684 guys that have started a game, 30+ minutes, 0-1 points, and not one of them was an elite scorer in the NBA and in their prime (saw a lot of Jason Kidd, Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman, lol).

The closest was Paul Pierce, just last season, when he went 0-10...but Pierce has been out of his prime, and not considered an elite scorer, for a couple of years now.

Crazy.

Well it was only 28 minutes and change but yeah, crazy, and Melo seemed fine with it, he could have forced up shots before he left the game in the third but he seemed content in just passing it still, he was bringing the ball up court and dishing it. The 7 shots he took all came within the flow of the offense and like 5 of them were wide open...

Crazy.

If the Knicks had been losing/close game, he would've actually scored because he would've started forcing the issue. The fact the game was in hand, he really stopped shooting/taking it to the hoop.