LA Clippers at LA Lakers

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for Blake to have a big game. He hasn't had one in a while, and I think he has a little personal rivalry with DJ (quote: "I think he stole a couple of my rebounds" after DJ's 16/16 last outing). If he has a monster night, look for McKnob getting tossed for a flagrant 2. TI'm sure that if McKnoberts does go after Blake, Reggie will rip his McNuggets off! Brace yourselves Laker fans. You're about to witness a... http://www.efukt.net/images/smilies/fuck.gif

Lol it's the Pau vs Mo show!!

The Gaulock (sp) guy has a crazy ass floater. Lol

Goudelock. ;)

10 points for him, by the way. I knew he could shoot the ball but I had no idea he those floaters in his repertoire. Kind of shocked me when he hit the first one but I wrote it off as a fluke. When he hit the 2nd one I was even more surprised, haha.

His defenes is awful, though. Lost Williams on basically every scren set on him.

The Lakers really need to get Kobe the ball in the post, though. He always has either Paul, Billups, Foye or Williams on him but they've only managed to actually get him the ball in the post on 3 times. 2 times it led to an open three and the third resulted in an illegal defense. Do whatever you can to run your offense through him in the post because good things will happen.

Pau has played great to start as well. Really nice job of exploiting Evans on defense, who has no chance in hell of guarding him.

Lakers open up the 2nd half with the same lethargic, passive defense that got them down double digits at the start of the 1st half. Clipper lead goes from 2 to 9 and the three shots the Clipps have made have been two easy finishes from a foot from the rim from Jordan and a wide open three from Butler.

And the lakers pick up the defensive intensity with a Bynum block, a Gasol block and Kobe chasing Billups off of the three point line forcing a missed jumper. They managed to cut the lead to 4 off of their solid defense.

Artest follows that up by sitting on Blake Griffin's shoulders while battling for a loose ball. Jordan comes flying in like a tough guy and once the pile seperates, Griffin starts yapping. Typical pseudo tough guy act from him.

Best part of that whole thing was Kobe and Chauncey chilling in the background trying not to laugh at the whole thing. :lol:

Rough 3rd quarter for Kobe.

2 points (might be 4, not sure), 6 turnovers and 1 technical.

EDIT: Add to that Pau only scoring 3 points in the quarter and you have to think the Lakers dodged a bullet by seeing the Clippers lead only increase by 1. From 2 points at the half to 3 at the end of the 3rd.

They're a team with a high motor, they're young and they run up and down the floor; but I'm not concerned about that. I'd rather look at the jewelry. I don't get into all that stuff. I like winning - KB24

Reggie Evans slips the pick, catches the bounce pass, spins off McRoberts and sinks a hook shot from 5 feet away.

I think he showed more skill in that one play than he did in his entire tenure with the Raptors.

And Mo Williams almost ruined Goudelock on the fast break. Goudelock is extremely lucky that he was able to get his one foot under him on that play because otherwise Williams would've ended up throwing him right to the ground and it would've been a very hard landing for Goudelock. Could have been bad. Flagrant 1 on Mo.

Now McRoberts and Evans get a double T and then McRoberts ends up getting tossed.

I honestly don't even know what Reggie did, or if he even did anything, but McRoberts just lost it. Knowing Reggie, he probably started fiddling with McRoberts balls or something. :lol:

Game is getting extremely chippy right now. I love it.