New York at Houston

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

There is no way that it is coaching when the Knicks are shooting 4-22 from behind the 3 point line.

The team is 7-13 now after this game, and the toughest part of their schedule is still to come. imo its the coach that needs to be changed because it is very obvious what Mike D is trying to do is not working.

The team is 7-13 now after this game, and the toughest part of their schedule is still to come. imo its the coach that needs to be changed because it is very obvious what Mike D is trying to do is not working.

Still dont believe its the coaching, but I cant complain since NY is giving us their pick.

You can't give the Coach credit when they win and give him no blame when they lose.

But it's pretty obvious the Knicks lack any sort of talent outside of Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Carmelo Anthony. Their guard play could go down as the worst in NBA history. There were times tonight where Jeremy Lin, yes, Jeremy [expletive]ING Lin, looked like our best guard. The Knicks shoot the 3 ball more than any team I've ever seen......one problem, they have no good shooters. Another problem.......they are RARELY open!! I've never seen a team not be able to have a guard to can penetrate and get into the paint!!!

The Knicks were so overrated from the start, which is part of D'Antoni's fault, too, overrating the hell out of them in the media, but right now it's a mix of bad coaching (wrong fit for personnel...Mike's system needs playmaking PG, ex. Nash, Felton, hell,even DUHON)....and then also just bad players (let's just stop acting like Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Bibby, etc. have potential)

Landry, who's actually had a really productive stretch as of late, played 18 minutes. 18! 18. What are the rotations if one of your best available players is playing 18 minutes?

Yeah i don't get it. Looked like he got banged up on that one play...but Landry was bad in the minutes he played. He was getting beat off the dribble consistently and was giving us nothing offensively.

Yeah i don't get it. Looked like he got banged up on that one play...but Landry was bad in the minutes he played. He was getting beat off the dribble consistently and was giving us nothing offensively.

No chance he was giving us less than Walker/Douglas/Bibby/Novak/Balkman!

No chance he was giving us less than Walker/Douglas/Bibby/Novak/Balkman!

I don't think Fields is consistenly any better than Walker. .. Walker can show flashes of being a real good player ,other times he looks like a complete bum aka last night/tonight...Walker has far more upside/talent than Fields does...so you never know. but I agree rather have Fields out there than any of the other clowns...Lolz

Still dont believe its the coaching, but I cant complain since NY is giving us their pick.

In no way is it the coaching because with good coaching by Dantoni's team the Knicks were able to trade a bunch of role players for a center piece. As much props as George Karl may be getting now for coaching the core that the Knicks created Dantoni really is the better orchestrator of working with what he has.

Just look at the Suns with a bunch of productive players and how much potential they showed to gain an understanding of how good this Knickerbockers team could be.They just needs time to develop. It took the Lakers at least three years before they clicked and started winning and they are still using basically the same formula and still till this day have been grossly successful.

Edited by Art Hues

In no way is it the coaching because with good coaching by Dantoni's team the Knicks were able to trade a bunch of role players for a center piece. As much props as George Karl may be getting now for coaching the core that the Knicks created Dantoni really is the better orchestrator of working with what he has. Just look at the Suns with a bunch of productive players and how much potential they showed.

This Knicks team just needs time to develop. It took the Lakers at least three years before they clicked and started winning and they are still using basically the same formula and have been grossly successful.

I disgree completely with what you just said. Those young guys had a lot of talent, and happened to fit D'Antoni's system brilliantly. Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, all those guys had a lot of ability coming into the league prior to D'Antoni. Mike deserves credit for having them thrive in his system, but they were never "role players." The players the Knicks have now, I'd say about 8 of them are in the "role player/bench warmer" category...I don't see him taking any role players to the next level...

And the Knicks are far from a "time to develop team." They have serious issues. They are not a good TEAM. They have good individual pieces, Melo, STAT, Chandler. But as we all know, it's still a team game, guys have to blend together, etc. Knicks are very far away.

Edited by JYD

I don't think Fields is consistenly any better than Walker. .. Walker can show flashes of being a real good player ,other times he looks like a complete bum aka last night/tonight...Walker has far more upside/talent than Fields does...so you never know. but I agree rather have Fields out there than any of the other clowns...Lolz

Walker is a clown. If I have to watch that jab step travel once more this season I'll be in the market for a new television. Catching the ball out of bounds, taking dumb shots.. just drives me nuts. You're right though, he has mad hops and has more natural talent. I just like Landry's game and mind a bit more at times.