Chicago at New York

Real Deal

Some things to build on. Amar'e looked terrific, everyone else played in their roles.. Melo was bad and the 11 turnovers in the 2nd killed us.

D'Antoni gone? Hopefully, but I doubt that happens before their loss against Boston. Fire him after that one and let everything get swept under the Super Bowl rug, get some quiet work in and get to business. Continue looking for ways to add a PG and get rid of Bibby.

Why did Melo roll instead holding the screen on Noah to give Amar'e a cleaner look? looked like a poor play design :(

Looked like he was rolling to the elbow, which would have been a good play had Amare passed it to him rather than going up for the three.

An Amare 3 with 10 seconds left on the clock...really? Yeah, it was a good look, but that should not be your go-to option in that situation.

Got a feeling this is the last time we'll see D'Antoni on the Knicks sideline.

I agree that was a bad play call. They used to run that play for me in high school where the two forwards screen for the guard coming right up the middle. It's a great play, I just didn't like it run for Amar'e. Run it for Melo...even Landry. Not for Amar'e. Outside his range.

As for D'Antoni, I think he'll get this weekend (BOS/NJN)...If he splits those, I think he's safe. If he loses both, he's definitely gone.

Some things to build on. Amar'e looked terrific, everyone else played in their roles.. Melo was bad and the 11 turnovers in the 2nd killed us.

D'Antoni gone? Hopefully, but I doubt that happens before their loss against Boston. Fire him after that one and let everything get swept under the Super Bowl rug, get some quiet work in and get to business. Continue looking for ways to add a PG and get rid of Bibby.

Bibby is useless, PG help needed. D'Antoni isn't the problem, and I'm sticking with it. Look up and down this roster. There are three quality players, four since Landry is definitely playing well again and I give him credit. Everyone else is pretty awful. Even Shumpert had some really horrific moments today.

Carmelo sure brought the ball up quickly to end the game...

Yeah, you've got to pass the ball down court further than that...horrible play, horrible attempt.

I forgot to add that the Knicks had some solid moments in this game, offensively and defensively. I still maintain they are not that far away actually. I think they showed us something the past two games, they are definitely coming around offensively. 102 against a good Bulls D. If they just had a solid playmaking PG, they don't need Nash, even a healthy 34 year old Baron Davis man...They'd look great offensively, I truly believe that at this point.

A week ago, Nash couldn't save them. But they are starting to come around.