LA Lakers at Boston

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

This is the true test on whether this team can make a good run this seasonoodlaying good until this part of the season..won 8 of 9 last games but a victory would be oh so sweet. And the ironic thing is both teams have similiar records too :unsure:

• Owner
Fans in Los Angeles and Boston delight in the rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics.

When these franchises square off in the regular season, however, the hometown fans have seldom seen their team win lately.

Struggling mightily away from Staples Center, the Lakers hope to break out of their road funk with a visit to TD Garden on Thursday night to face the Celtics, who look to extend their season-high winning streak to six.

Los Angeles is 11-2 at home but 3-9 on the road, and arrives in Boston after dropping two of the first three contests on a season-high six-game road trip. Much of the road struggles for the Lakers (14-11) stem from a defense that is allowing an average of 97.2 points compared to 85.2 at home.

Although the Celtics (14-10) have won five straight and nine of 10, Los Angeles might have better luck keeping Boston's somewhat passive offense in check. The Celtics like to keep opponents from running and are among the league's top teams in points allowed at 86.5 per game, but they also have one of the lowest-scoring offenses (90.8 ppg).

Taking the court at TD Garden also could work toward the Lakers' advantage.

Los Angeles has won three straight and five of six in Boston during the regular season. That success has not bridged to the playoffs, however, as the Lakers lost five of six games there in the 2008 and 2010 NBA finals. The Celtics captured the title in '08 and the Lakers won it in seven games two years later.

In the lone meeting in Boston last season, Kobe Bryant scored 23 and Pau Gasol finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds in a 92-86 victory Feb. 10. Eleven days earlier at Staples Center, Paul Pierce scored 32 and Kevin Garnett had 18 points and 13 boards to withstand a 41-point performance from Bryant in a 109-96 victory. That was the Celtics' third victory in four regular-season games versus the Lakers at Staples Center.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/preview/NBA_20120209_LAL@BOS

In a game full of turnovers Pau GaSOFT is sabotaging the Lakers with his bricks. Also, I'm surprised how many dumb decisions both teams made with the game on the line.

Gasoft with more defense on one play than Griffin has played his entire career

^ :huh: You must've meant Bynum.

What a great game.

:blink: Did you see it? A 'great' game? One of the ugliest games I've seen. Terrible shooting. Steve Blake's gotta be the lowest basketball IQ Lakers guard in recent years... <_< The Lakers got lucky. I hate the Celtics but I respect their team. I placed a bet on the Lakers and I'm glad I won but the Lakers only won because the Celtics missed a whole LOT of shots, man.

^ :huh: You must've meant Bynum.

:blink: Did you see it? A 'great' game? One of the ugliest games I've seen. Terrible shooting. Steve Blake's gotta be the lowest basketball IQ Lakers guard in recent years... <_< The Lakers got lucky. I hate the Celtics but I respect their team. I placed a bet on the Lakers and I'm glad I won but the Lakers only won because the Celtics missed a whole LOT of shots, man.

Both teams are defensive oriented this season...

Gasoft with more defense on one play than Griffin has played his entire career

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/2/128805261271368443.jpg

Hmmm, you've probably missed some games this season. Let me help:

Welcome to Blake’s Block Party

"The evolution of Blake Griffin continues to take place with each passing game. His transformation has been a steady process that might be difficult to catch with the naked eye, but can always be seen through the numbers. Griffin’s progression into becoming an all-around dominating player seems to be a step closer now that he’s adding one more term to his game; shot-blocker.

Now in his sophomore year, Griffin is now averaging 1.1 blocks per game, which is good enough to put him behind the league’s leading shot blocker, DeAndre Jordan, for second best on the team. It was pretty easy to see Griffin’s potential in becoming a shot-blocker because of his freakish athleticism. But there is a lot more than athleticism that’s needed to block a shot. With 0.6 blocks per game last season, Griffin’s timing and defensive IQ was not fully matured as a rookie. Yet, we can all see the growth in his defensive mind-set this season with his timing, help-defense, and ability to read opponents better on the drive. In the last 7 games, Griffin has found his groove, blocking at least one shot a game and averaging an impressive 2.1 blocks during that stretch. Last season, Griffin’s longest block party streak was 5 games, while he averaged 1 block a game in that streak.

With already 23 blocked shots this season, more than half of his total blocked shots for his entire rookie season, Griffin is now bringing in 19.5 percent of the Clippers rejections this season - a huge jump from his 10.1 percent of the team’s blocks last season. With this type of rapid improvement, Griffin will be another big man alongside Jordan, that can swat buckets and alter shots in the paint. It’s just a matter of getting in the film room with the coaches, breaking down the tape and working hard at it. Thankfully, working hard is all Griffin knows."

Follow the link to see Blake Griffin explode towards the rim and viciously reject Gordon Hayward's layup attempt for the Block of the Night:

OUCH!!!

Edited by Šhãłïq

I did see it. And I disagree with everything you just said. Boston didn't play well but you can't completely discredit the Lakers D. You just sound like you hate the Lakers more than anything tbh.

Edited by GUƦU