Philadelphia at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

This is what makes me question Walker's ability to ever be a starting point guard.

He is 0-4 from the field with just 1 point. Meanwhile, Holiday is 5-6 with 11 points and Williams has 8 points and gotten to the lin 6 times (although is shooting just 2-6). Walker does have 4 assists but he is struggling to really create against Holiday and defensively, the two players he has guarded in this game have 19 of the Sixers 39 points.

The Bobcats just have to hope that as he gains more experience he is able to rectify some of these weaknesses, and it is difficult for him without Augustin and Henderson in the lineup as too much is expected of him, but he is at such a disadvantage physically that it makes me question his long term potential.

Just after I made that post above Walker had two nice plays. One where he created contact and got to the line and another where he pushed the ball in transition and made a nice layup and drew a foul in the process.

However, the Bobcats are trying to hide him on defense by taking him off Holiday and onto Meeks who is primarily a spot up shooter. A good idea, but since Walker was put on him, Meeks has hit 2 threes.

I'm not trying to come off as some harsh, negative critic because I would really like to see Walker succeed, but I just don't ever see how he is going to be a starting point guard in this league unless he has some dramatic improvements in multiple areas of his game. If it was just one or two things I could see him improving on them, but he has so many areas that need improvements that I just don't see him being able to become a real impact player.

Rough game for Turner, but Thad was brilliant off the bench. His touch around the rim and footwork in the post is very impressive. Combine those with his length and how quickly he moves (whether it is running, getting off the floor, his second jump, etc...) and he really is a difficult matchup when he is played at the 4, which is fairly often.

Williams is really developing into a reliable closer for the Sixers as well. Hit some really big shots in this game to continue to add to his reputation. If he keeps on finishing off games like he has lately, the Sixers are going to be even more dangerous come playoff time.