San Antonio at Toronto

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the Raptors get blown out so I can get a longer look at Cory Joseph. I'm sure Pop will play him a little bit given that it is his hometown, but if it is a close game I'm not sure he will get much burn.

As far as DeRozan goes, I'm expecting another stinker from him. I can't see him doing much against Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs defense.

Hopefully the Raptors get blown out so I can get a longer look at Cory Joseph. I'm sure Pop will play him a little bit given that it is his hometown, but if it is a close game I'm not sure he will get much burn.

As far as DeRozan goes, I'm expecting another stinker from him. I can't see him doing much against Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs defense.

From what I have seen Joseph is not anywhere near NBA ready, i fully expect him to go to Austin as soon as Ford comes back.

From what I have seen Joseph is not anywhere near NBA ready, i fully expect him to go to Austin as soon as Ford comes back.

I agree. He had one good game against Atlanta, but every other game he looked very raw. I fully expect him to go to the D-League as well, which is why I hope I can get to see him get some decent run tonight before he is sent back to Austin. Ford should be back after the All-Star break, right?

Personally, I was shocked to see him declare for the draft and was very happy to see San Antonio pick him late in the 1st so that he at least got a guarnateed contract.

I agree. He had one good game against Atlanta, but every other game he looked very raw. I fully expect him to go to the D-League as well, which is why I hope I can get to see him get some decent run tonight before he is sent back to Austin. Ford should be back after the All-Star break, right?

Personally, I was shocked to see him declare for the draft and was very happy to see San Antonio pick him late in the 1st so that he at least got a guarnateed contract.

I haven't heard anything about TJ lately. Last I heard he was supposed to be back around the same time as Manu, but I think after the AS break is a good guess. Joseph has the tools to become a solid player, he has solid size and could become a solid defender as well. Some time in Austin will really help.

Spurs usually have some bottom tier player go off on them every game, tonight maybe that player is Butler?

Looks like it might be both Butler and Carter, which is saying something considering they are Casey's go to tankers.

Really though, Butler will get back to his usual awful self soon enough. There is a reason why he is the worst shooter in the league.

When did Derozan become a 3 point shooter?

Over the summer.

I wouldn't exactly say he is a 3 point shooter, though. He is still wildly inconsistent from there. He has had games where he would hit 4 or 5, like against Cleveland and Milwaukee earlier, but there are also times when he will go 0-4 or something and have an extended streak of not hitting anything, like a week straight or something at the end of January.

Unfortunately, it seems like his improved 3 point shot has come at the expense of his mid range game. Last year he was great from 15-19 feet but this season he can't hit anything from that range, which happens quite often with young players when they improve their long range shooting.

Man the stadium is so empty....

Judging by the time of the post, I'm guessing this was made at the start of the 2nd half, right?

People are late getting back to their seats at the start of the half. Leaf games are the same way as the place is always packed (not saying Raptor games this season are packed) but because people are late getting back to their seats for whatever reason (concession, smoke breaks, etc...) it makes it look like the pace is dead.