New Jersey at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
An inability to string together wins continues to frustrate the New Jersey Nets. A visit to Charlotte could help them begin a run in a positive direction.

The Nets look to bounce back from their latest defeat and hand the lowly Bobcats an eighth consecutive home loss Sunday night.

New Jersey (11-26) has alternated wins and losses over its last six contests following a season-high eight-game skid. While the Nets' last three victories came against Chicago, New York and Dallas, they've been unable to build on any of those impressive performances in their next contest. They have posted back-to-back victories once this season.

Coming off a 93-92 road win over the Mavericks on Tuesday, New Jersey took a step back with a 107-94 loss at Boston on Friday. The Nets went 5 for 19 from 3-point range and committed 20 turnovers while allowing the aging Celtics to shoot 51.7 percent.

"We've had a history of having a really good win and then following it up with a very bad loss," point guard Deron Williams said. "We're very inconsistent as a team right now."

New Jersey hopes to start building some consistency in Charlotte, where the Bobcats (4-30) have dropped a franchise-record seven straight at home.

The Nets won their last visit to Charlotte, 94-89 on Feb. 11, 2011, and they took the only meeting this season as MarShon Brooks scored 20 points in a 97-87 home win Jan. 22.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/preview/NBA_20120304_NJ@CHA

Damn. That shit was cray. They still almost managed to lose. :lol: I ain't even hatin tho

Hahaha honestly I was thinking the same thing. This team just doesn't show up some nights.... luckily for us Deron went ham in the 2nd half.

Hahaha honestly I was thinking the same thing. This team just doesn't show up some nights.... luckily for us Deron went ham in the 2nd half.

Yeah man, he was making some great shots and getting hacked too. He really is a damn good player. I love he has the ability to put the team on his back and score, but also set up teammates with great passing. Hard to find those guys.

Meet Avery and this unpredictable supporting cast.

Just hoping Lopez is okay. Crucial situation right now.

Yeah. Morrow is up and down, Brooks too (but expected, promising rookie)...

Why the Bobcats didn't triple team Williams is beyond me.

Lol, wouldn't have mattered. They are god awful. Can't believe when I move to Nroth Carolina in May this is the team that will be on television SMFH. #LeaguePassFlowForSure LMFAO!!