Chicago at New York

Real Deal

I really wonder on what will happen when Amar'e and Lin (? since he will be a free agent) returns, because the Knicks practically play two sets of offenses, one for when Amar'e and Lin are around and one for when they only have Melo around.

Lin is still far better than Davis at this stage of their careers. Amar'e is the one that puzzles me. Not sure how well he fits with Melo. Starting to look like he doesn't at all considering how well Melo has played in his absence.

Lin is still far better than Davis at this stage of their careers. Amar'e is the one that puzzles me. Not sure how well he fits with Melo. Starting to look like he doesn't at all considering how well Melo has played in his absence.

I honestly don't see how Amar'e not being on the floor makes Melo a better shooter. Melo has been getting the same/more difficult looks since Amar'e went down, he's just been hitting them. I don't know how much Melo playing the 4 matters though, he's been seeing a lot of tall 3's and athletics 4's anyway..

I honestly don't see how Amar'e not being on the floor makes Melo a better shooter. Melo has been getting the same/more difficult looks since Amar'e went down, he's just been hitting them. I don't know how much Melo playing the 4 matters though, he's been seeing a lot of tall 3's and athletics 4's anyway..

First of all, Melo gets far more touches when Amar'e is out. That's just a fact.

Second of all, the spacing is better because Amar'e is another guy who likes to play on the wing and near the paint.

I do agree with you that Melo is shooting WAY better from the perimeter, and he is still facing many double's and tough shots.