Chicago at New York

Real Deal

Rough game back for Rose. Very impressed with Shumpert an his defense on Rose throughout the whole game. Melo was incredible to say the least, glad I got to fully watch a game like this. But the Knicks wouldn't have won this game if it wasn't for Tyson Chandler and all his rebounds/tap outs. Also, JR Smith obviously had the green light lol, rough shooting day for him. Well needed and solid win for the Knicks.

Vintage Melo. Awesome.

Glad Shump is getting respect for his defense now, I remember when people said he wouldn't have made a difference in the Nets game a while back when Deron murdered Lin.

Team is making me proud to be a Knicks fan again. Battling.

Edited by IllWill21
  • Like 1

spent all day w/ family. so a little late to comment on this. Watched all of this with my Dad though. such an awesome way to spend Easter.

what a gritty effort. blew the lead but with the lack of depth it should be expected. second unit easily let the lead fall off.

amazing effort to come back but knicks wouldn't of won without rose and deng missing key FT's...shout out to them appreciate it

chandler shumpert and melo were the team today. gotta give props to JR for hitting a few big shots in OT though when no one else was getting it to go.

novak's shot going in and out was crazy! literally half way down.

one of the best games i can remember in recent memory, too. probably my favorite game of the season so far.

i don't want 7th place to be honest. bulls-knicks first round would be awesome. would the knicks win? 99% chance no i'd say. but i think it could be five or six fantastic games.

Only watched the first few minutes of the game...clearly it was not a good first game for D-Rose to go against a terrific perimeter defender like Shumpert.

I still think the early leads established by the other team is really hurting the Bulls, hopefully they realize that.

I hope Thibs rest Deng and give some minutes to Jimmy Butler for what hopefully be a few meaningless games at the end of the season, because while Luol is a warrior, no way can we progress in the playoffs with our best defender and arguably second option playing with 60% of his energy every game.

Only watched the first few minutes of the game...clearly it was not a good first game for D-Rose to go against a terrific perimeter defender like Shumpert.

I still think the early leads established by the other team is really hurting the Bulls, hopefully they realize that.

I hope Thibs rest Deng and give some minutes to Jimmy Butler for what hopefully be a few meaningless games at the end of the season, because while Luol is a warrior, no way can we progress in the playoffs with our best defender and arguably second option playing with 60% of his energy every game.

That's not happening. He's running those guys into the ground, especially Deng.

If the Heat can pass Chicago and NY pass Philly that'd be perfect.

I'd prefer the 8 seed as well, but I would LOVE 4, get matched up with Orlando in the first round, then Chicago in the second, really gives us a shot...

Guess it's a pessimistic view, or realistic, whichever you prefer, but I don't see that happening. Boston's playing really well and Knicks schedule is brutal. I think the Knicks realistically go 6-4 to finish the season. I don't think that will be enough to take the 4th spot.

Guess it's a pessimistic view, or realistic, whichever you prefer, but I don't see that happening. Boston's playing really well and Knicks schedule is brutal. I think the Knicks realistically go 6-4 to finish the season. I don't think that will be enough to take the 4th spot.

Boston still plays us twice, they play Miami twice, they also play Atlanta twice, Orlando, and Milwaukee, it's definitely possible...

in fact their schedule is harder than ours

Edited by fish7718

That's not happening. He's running those guys into the ground, especially Deng.

Sadly that is the truth. But hopefully someone put some sense in Thibs and make him realize that this team is good enough to afford one or two losses for playoff success.

Boston still plays us twice, they play Miami twice, they also play Atlanta twice, Orlando, and Milwaukee, it's definitely possible...

in fact their schedule is harder than ours

they play us once. although it is home. i wasn't aware their schedule was that difficult. knicks have a ton of national tv games by the way. 7 of the last 10 are slated to be on national TV, although I'm sure the Milwaukee and Charlotte ones will be changed, lol.

Sadly that is the truth. But hopefully someone put some sense in Thibs and make him realize that this team is good enough to afford one or two losses for playoff success.

Yeah as great a gameday coach as Thibs is. He's gonna have to back off his play every game like its a game 7 type approach or he won't last 2 more years in Chicago.

Yeah as great a gameday coach as Thibs is. He's gonna have to back off his play every game like its a game 7 type approach or he won't last 2 more years in Chicago.

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/o%20rly/grand/orly_12.jpg

In 2011 he was named the NBA Coach of the Year after leading the Bulls to a 62 win season. In 2012, he became the fastest coach in NBA history to earn 100 victories.

He also went 15-7 this season without Derrick Rose.

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/o%20rly/grand/orly_12.jpg

In 2011 he was named the NBA Coach of the Year after leading the Bulls to a 62 win season. In 2012, he became the fastest coach in NBA history to earn 100 victories.

He also went 15-7 this season without Derrick Rose.

Regular season wins doesn't matter now, I think most people realize that.

It's all about the Larry O'Brien trophy.

And a Luol Deng at 100% is far better than Luol Deng at 60%.

I also think that is the difference between Doc Rivers and Thibs. The former gives more rest to his starters during the regular season to allow for greater success down the road (they discovered Avery Bradley while doing so) while the latter sticks with whatever works (at least for now) and keep going with it till eventually, it doesn't work (i.e. against Miami last year).

Then again, Thibs has only been here for almost two seasons, there is plenty of time for him to change.

he's been there for one playoffs and took them to the ECF..please

I've had the conversation with several Bulls fans before who feel the same way. He's gonna burn out Rose within a few seasons. He's a great gameday coach but he plays his guys WAY too many minutes.

The fire that Melo showed after hitting the and-1 layup to cut it to 91-88.. been waiting to see that for a while. Made me grin ear to ear.

Yeah I agree he looked more engaged today than I've ever seen him in a Knicks uni.

• Owner

How much did this game remind me of KU/Memphis? Oh, Walke...oops, Deng, and Rose (the two best in Chicago) missing free throws at the end of a game that should have been sealed, when Mario Chal...I mean, Carmelo Anthony, comes down and drills a three to send it into OT, where the Jayha...I mean, the Knicks, end up winning.

How much did this game remind me of KU/Memphis? Oh, Walke...oops, Deng, and Rose (the two best in Chicago) missing free throws at the end of a game that should have been sealed, when Mario Chal...I mean, Carmelo Anthony, comes down and drills a three to send it into OT, where the Jayha...I mean, the Knicks, end up winning.

The missed FT's were the obvious key. Very true. Haha.

Melo played with that fire in the playoffs and game 1 vs the Celtics this year, it's like he only plays with it when it matters

Yea duude, the game he had in game 2 I think it was versus Boston in last year's playoffs was insane. This was not his finest Knicks moment, that was. He had like 40/17. Lol.

Edited by JYD