Is Kevin Love a superstar?

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

No. Great player on a shitty team. He's definitely a top 5 PF though.

He's the best rebounder in the NBA. That isn't because he's on a shitty team. A lot of players benefit greatly from another guy boxing out their man (see Drew and Gasol in LA). The worse the team, the easier it is for opponents to defend him as well...and his FG% will more than likely go back up to 47-48% (which matches the way he plays).

He's not a superstar, but Love is a top three PF in the NBA, without a doubt...and some will argue the best. Right now, I would take him and Griffin over Dirk and Gasol.

• Owner

Would you not agree that his stats are inflated though because he's the best player on a bad team though?

Depends. Would you say this about Chris Bosh?

If the Lakers traded Gasol for Love next week, would Love average 24 PPG? Probably not, but his shooting percentage may go up (easier shots, with Kobe and Drew out there) and his rebounding would more than likely stay the same. There's nothing inflated about the impact of a player.

Yes, easily

I hate that great player on a shity team excuse

No shitty player drops 24 and 15 on any given team.

If that was the case why are other players on shitty teams not getting double dribbles out their ass every given night

Were only having this discussion cuz he's fat and white n doesnt look like a superstar

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

Depends. Would you say this about Chris Bosh?

If the Lakers traded Gasol for Love next week, would Love average 24 PPG? Probably not, but his shooting percentage may go up (easier shots, with Kobe and Drew out there) and his rebounding would more than likely stay the same. There's nothing inflated about the impact of a player.

Thing is Chris Bosh lead a team to the post season with less talent around him than Love does now.

No.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul (before knee injuries) etc... are superstars.

Kevin Love is an All-Star.

There is a clear difference between Kevin Love and those 5 players I mentioned above.

I also don't throw the word superstar or franchise player around lightly like a lot of people do.

He needs to be able to create his own shot at an elite level for me to able to consider him a superstar, he's added a few more post moves to his arsenal but I still don't trust him as a go-to-guy down the stretch. I think its a testament of how great a coach Rick Adelman is because a lot of Love's shots are coming through the flow of the offense (offensive rebounds too) and lets not forget that Adelman was able to squeeze 24 points a game from Kevin Martin as well last season.

Then again it was just a few years ago when Dwight was getting hammered for lacking a strong post-up game and most considered him a clear-cut star back then too.

• Owner

Thing is Chris Bosh lead a team to the post season with less talent around him than Love does now.

The Raptors were 12th, defensively. That wasn't because of Chris Bosh. The same stuff was said about LeBron in Cleveland, also...but he had defensive players and shooters surrounding him. Too many people are undervaluing what it means to have the correct pieces around an all-star player.

If you really want to see what Bosh does when there's a lack of talent around him, go look at his 33-win season in 2009. That was when TJ Ford was gone, Calderon was the permanent starter, and they didn't have a true center...and the coaching change didn't help, either.

Dwight was also anchoring one of the best defenses in the league, grabbing 12-14 boards a game (like Love), blocking 3 shots a game and getting opposing frontcourts in foul trouble on a nightly basis.

Love doesn't have any positive impact on his team defensive, aside from grabbing defensive rebounds. He is one of the weaker big man defenders in the league, doesn't block shots and rarely picks up charges.

There is a huge difference between Dwight, at the time, not being able to create his own offense all that well and Love not being able to create his own offense. Dwight was still able to impact the game numerous different ways while Love, when he isn't scoring, really only does in one other way.

• Like 1