Will Phoenix Trade Nash?

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question isn't should they, because we all know that they should trade him, but will they trade Nash?

Nash has said that he won't request a trade this season, but considering the Suns have little to no chance of making the playoffs, and, even if they do sneak in, would be first round fodder for the Thunder or some other top seeded Western Conference team, will they come to the realization that they need to kick start the rebuilding process and deal Nash? His contract expiring at the end of the season makes him even more appealing to a team looking to add a piece for a championship run.

If they do in fact trade him, which teams could you see him being dealt to?

Question- when does his contract expire?

I don't think they will trade him this year, although I wish they do. The Suns are still an entertaining team and Nash probably rakes them in a lot of money and fans. If he were to be traded, I really don't know what his value would be at this age, especially with what I'm assuming is a contract of at least $10M/year. A bunch of playoff teams could use him, including the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Hawks, Grizzlies, Pacers and maybe Thunder. Who would have the assets to make that trade? And which one of those teams would be willing to part with young assets for a 38 year old PG? Your guess is as good as mine.

I just don't see it. Not only has he stated he doesn't want to leave Phoenix, the organization itself won't get much back for him. Chances are, contenders will go after him, and they won't want to give up a major piece in order to entice the front office. It's why I suspect the Suns are better off keeping Nash, who's clearly one of the best players in their history, rather than trading him for cap space and low picks in future drafts.

Question- when does his contract expire?

I don't think they will trade him this year, although I wish they do. The Suns are still an entertaining team and Nash probably rakes them in a lot of money and fans. If he were to be traded, I really don't know what his value would be at this age, especially with what I'm assuming is a contract of at least $10M/year. A bunch of playoff teams could use him, including the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Hawks, Grizzlies, Pacers and maybe Thunder. Who would have the assets to make that trade? And which one of those teams would be willing to part with young assets for a 38 year old PG? Your guess is as good as mine.

Is Nash really a good fit for Miami? LeBron and Wade do more damage with the ball than without, wouldn't you rather have the young defensive minded Chalmers at point, or not rather but is Nash really that big of an upgrade for Miami?

Is Nash really a good fit for Miami? LeBron and Wade do more damage with the ball than without, wouldn't you rather have the young defensive minded Chalmers at point, or not rather but is Nash really that big of an upgrade for Miami?

He's a huge upgrade. Chalmers is careless with the ball, bad at running the fast break, and makes too many dumb decisions. Nash is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, amazing at running the fast break, and would help give the offense a better flow in the halfcourt. Yes, he's not a great defender, but not any worse than Bibby was last season...and that team was still sensational defensively.

• Owner

The Lakers could definitely use him, even if he is a bad defender. Look what we have done with Fisher at the point. Having Nash in this new offense would be fantastic.

Plus, he'd drill shots.

----------

Will the Suns trade him, though? Not to the Lakers, haha. I wouldn't be shocked if they sent him out East, though. I'm just not sure what the Knicks could offer that would be better than what Miami could (would they give up Norris Cole?) or even a non-contending West team (would Golden State be interested?), so it's hard to say.

I would think the Suns want picks and young players, though. They really don't need anymore cap space. They'd get that extra space by trading Nash for the young contracts, and then hitting Childress with the amnesty.

What would be a realistic package for him? What do you guys think?

He's getting older, obviously. His contract situation is up in the air, I believe.

Is Landry Fields, Toney Douglas & 1st Rd Pick fair? Or maybe Bill Walker in there too? I'd assume not. Idk what would be fair, do the Knicks have anything that could get Nash here? lol

The Knicks best chance at getting Nash would likely be in 2012 free agency. I don't really see them being all that interested in a guy like Toney Douglas when they have Aaron Brooks as an undersized, chucking 2 guard. Landry Fields may interst them some, but I don't see them coveting him enough to trade Nash for, assuming that they would be open to dealing him.

Also, when can the Knicks even trade a 1st rounder? I know they Houston their pick this season but what other kinds of owed picks do they have, if any?

Nash has expressed interest in signign with the Knicks and, as far as I know, he has stated that he wants to end his career with one of 3 teams, which are Toronto, New York and Phoenix. Signing him in the summer is probably their best bet to land him, and much, much more likely than making a trade for him in my mind.