Deron Williams Wish List = Lakers, Knicks, Mavs

magicbalala245

Lakers - no Bynum, no deal and I'm sure they would rather get Dwight Howard if Bynum is on the way out.

Knicks - so far only offered Amar'e Stoudemire in a deal for Chris Paul, no one wants this guys right now with the way he's playing.

Mavericks - most realistic but Dallas would have to wait until free agency.

Lakers - no Bynum, no deal and I'm sure they would rather get Dwight Howard if Bynum is on the way out.

Knicks - so far only offered Amar'e Stoudemire in a deal for Chris Paul, no one wants this guys right now with the way he's playing.

Mavericks - most realistic but Dallas would have to wait until free agency.

Lakers have two value asset. Pau Gasol and Bynum and let's say your Rockets come in and want a Gasol and want to facilitate a 3-way trade again like they did with the CP3 trade to LA. I know Rockets wanted a twin tower situation with a Nene & Gasol thing and since that fell apart just a maybe maybe they would settle for a Samuel Dalembert and a Pau Gasol twin tower situation. All hypothetical but the Rockets & Lakers can revisit things for another PG deal it's not out of the question. In this situation they would keep Lowry also.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/199/screenshot20120120at110.png

Edited by magicbalala245

• Owner

I doubt Howard and Williams will get to play together if it doesn't happen in New Jersey. I don't see how any other team can pull that off, unless the Nets wait too long and end up on the verge of losing him for nothing, and they decide to just deal him to the destination he wants, taking much less.

• Owner

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/199/screenshot20120120at110.png

Well, the Nets could just look at the Rockets and how they are, right now, and realize that getting K-Mart and Scola really doesn't do much for them, especially since these two guys aren't young talent.

Unless, again, they wait and end up accepting less.

Well, the Nets could just look at the Rockets and how they are, right now, and realize that getting K-Mart and Scola really doesn't do much for them, especially since these two guys aren't young talent.

Unless, again, they wait and end up accepting less.

Possibly yes but as a framework ground work foundation maybe Rockets can add a young piece such as a Patrick Peterson or a Budinger and Lakers can throw in some young pieces maybe a Devin Ebanks or a Goudelock this is just coming of the top of my head right now. But those 4 players I just mentioned Deron Williams, Pau Gasol, Kevin Martin, & Luis Scola would be the main pieces in the deal

Most likely the Nets gamble and keep Deron beyond the trade deadline and hope Dwight signs.

Houston has no interest in that deal with Nene out of the picture.

I wouldn't dismiss it so quick in these last 5 games Dalembert is averaging 15 points, 64% shooting with 13 boards a games with 2 blocks. And to have a chance to pair that up with a Pau Gasol I wouldn't doubt it that is has to creep in the management to make it happen even though that it's a big gamble because your solely depending on Dalembert to keep producing like this but if he can and you pair up a Gasol with that is can be a nice little 1-2 tandem in the front court.

I wouldn't dismiss it so quick in these last 5 games Dalembert is averaging 15 points, 64% shooting with 13 boards a games with 2 blocks. And to have a chance to pair that up with a Pau Gasol I wouldn't doubt it that is has to creep in the management to make it happen even though that it's a big gamble because your solely depending on Dalembert to keep producing like this but if he can and you pair up a Gasol with that is can be a nice little 1-2 tandem in the front court.

Yeahhh really doubt Dalembert is able to keep that up but it is nice to see. Anyways I reiterate Houston has zero interest in facilitating a blockbuster deal for the Lakers again especially when they can just cut out the Lakers and take Deron Williams for themselves, and the Nets probably have no interest in Martin/Scola.

i can't find a good denial pic :(

Denial? Here's the situation:

1) Orlando is reportedly seriously considering keeping Howard past the deadline. Dwight would enter free agency, and the Nets would be the best big market team he could join. No reason to trade Deron.

2) If Dwight gets traded anywhere other than L.A. or New Jersey, chances are his new destination isn't one of his preferred ones. He would still enter free agency with big market teams getting in touch with him. No reason to trade Deron.

3) If Dwight gets traded to L.A., there is still no guarantee that he would sign a new contract with the Lakers. There have been the reports of him not wanting to follow Shaq's footsteps. Recently, there was a report that he wasn't all so thrilled with the prospect of playing with L.A. after talking on the phone with Kobe. And there's also the quote from Jim Buss before the season started that hints Dwight said something to Otis:

"We've done everything within the rules that we could to explore this situation until we were just spinning our wheels," he says. "The player is still in control of his own destiny; he can block a trade just by saying I'm not going to sign a new deal and stay where he is.

"I personally believe now that we have the team that we will be playing with all season long."

Link

Now if Dwight does change his mind and appears to like L.A., the Nets would still realize that that would eliminate the likelihood of Deron and Dwight teaming up. With that being the case, I would still like our chances of signing D-Will to a new contract. Lopez, Brooks, possibly Humphries, great 2012 draft pick(s), and a load of cap space is a pretty good situation for a team, when you also factor in that the Nets are on their way to a big market and have also gotten Deron involved in a lot of the decisions they've made. In my opinion, no reason to trade Deron.

How is it even close to being in denial? Deron Williams staying with the Nets beyond the trade deadline is very plausible.

After they traded Favors Harris and 2 picks for him you think they will risk letting him walk for nothing after 1 and 1/2 years?

After they traded Favors Harris and 2 picks for him you think they will risk letting him walk for nothing after 1 and 1/2 years?

After trading all that much just to get him, they might as well keep him and attempt to convince Dwight to sign with them. Trading him at the deadline would be accepting defeat.

Dallas might not have the required cap space to acquire a player like Deron who wouldn't refrain from walking out on a low-ball deal. Los Angeles is a probably destination via trade, however the chances of that are somewhat slim. New York is an intriguing prospect, with pretty decent space and in dyer need of someone to facilitate the offense under D'Antoni. Would Amar'e clash with Deron? Melo's scoring would take a dip too. Chemistry is a problem in New York.

Dallas might not have the required cap space to acquire a player like Deron who wouldn't refrain from walking out on a low-ball deal.

Well the Mavs have quite a bit of money coming off their books soon so a potential free agent signing of Deron is always there.