Baron Davis Returns Within Next Four Games

Art

The guy didn't even know if he would ever play basketball again...and we expect him to contribute this year? :lol:

B-Diddy always been one of my fav players but I just don't think he's going to help might :sigh:

Who said he didn't know if he'd be able to play?

Practice reports said he looked good for a first practice, albeit rusty and winded overall.

said it in an interview on fri or sat...said he wasn't sure he'd ever play again...and he reiterated it in the OP...considered retirement.

Ha, they don't? 3 months is a long time and lots of rehab. Figured it would be something more recent if you had legit concerns about him playing again.

Dude...back injuries can re-injure at any time...I'm not saying some aches & pains, I'm saying one time he goes to the hoop and gets knocked down, it could be another 6-8 weeks til he plays again. It's a herniated disk. My dad had that problem, it's brutal.

Any injury can reinjure at any time.

Not like a back injury...especially a herniated disk. For example, Harrellson broke his wrist, in 6-8 weeks when he comes back he might have soreness but he shouldn't have any issues as far as setbacks. It's a rather routine injury, if you know what I mean...there's a difference with a back injury. It completely debilitates your body.

overblowing 101

He's really not, though. Bulging discs in the back can be extremely painful and they don't just go away.

The symptoms that can occur due to a lower back bulging disc can vary depending on which nerves are being affected. They can include lower back pain, pain traveling into the hip, leg, or foot, weakness in the lower body, and even a loss of control of the bowel and bladder.

The final recommendation from most physicians would be surgery, but this is always recommended as a last resort because the success rate is very low.

Most of these treatments will provide temporary relief, but unfortunately, they often do not provide long-term results. This is because these treatments are designed primarily to alleviate the nerve pain – they do not correct the cause of the problem which is the bulging disc itself.

Dude is practicing a month later for us, I don't think he lost control of his bowel and bladder.

"Didn't know if he'd be able to play again" hasn't been a concern since before he signed with us, which is my point. He's been bouncing around on the bench and pain free. The injury is being exaggerated.

Dude is practicing a month later for us, I don't think he lost control of his bowel and bladder.

"Didn't know if he'd be able to play again" hasn't been a concern since before he signed with us, which is my point. He's been bouncing around on the bench and pain free. The injury is being exaggerated.

I hope you're right man, I'm just saying to go from thinking he just wanted to "walk straight" to think he's going to play at a consistently high level against the best athletes in the World (which is what we need to be a good team) is just a stretch to me. But, I hope you're right. If you are that'll mean good things for the Knicks :)

Edited by JYD

I know that, but my point is that it's a serious injury that doesn't just go away. If he seriously had concerns of never being able to walk right again, obviously it's not on the same wavelength as a pulled muscle or your run-of-the-mill fracture.

Of course if he's going to play it is something that he can work through for the time being, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it not flaring up at some point during the season, which will keep him in a revolving door of rest-rehab-working back into basketball shape-playing.