Pro Sports Network

Redickulous

Poll  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok guys, this is a really important post. All members of OTR please read this, and give your honest opinion. Real Deal has authorized me to make this post.

Since the creation of the infamous OTRBasketball, members have talked basketball amongst eachother. OTR has always been the biggest not-for-profit basketball board on the web: dedicated to pleasing the users and talking basketball.

Now, there is a certain something OTR has lacked in the past. That is a real site for members to talk about other sports. I have a plan to fix that.

My forum, TBEBaseball, has been a great place to talk baseball, and really has a lot of the qualities that OTR has - great members, great discussion. Recently, we have established the idea of opening a network of forums and blogs, Pro Sports Networks. We opened a basketball site as well, TSTBasketball, which has been decent, but is very young. With a forum so intelligent as OTR is, when we thought of this idea we immediately knew that this idea was golden. The plan is to create OTR as a member of a giant network of forums. One for baseball (TBE), basketball, and all the other major sports (will be added soon, by us). TST, the basketball site we opened, would obviously be deleted.

The recent hacking has obviously been a major impact to this website, and this idea would spread out activity between sports forums, and ensure you guys that OTR stays strong, and continues to get stronger, forever.<br><br>The URL to the actual network would be prosportsnetworks.com (already purchased this domain), and on the site would be blogs from all the different team blogs that are being added to TBE, and would be added to OTR and the other sister sites as well. 

So our question to you, the members, is would you like this to happen?

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/upload/ad1.gifhttp://tbebaseball.com/misc/psn

To clear up confusion, this site will not be changed whatsoever. All that would happen is the membership with the network, Pro Sports Network.

Edited by Redickulous

Here's what would happen. TBE would be your home for baseball discussion. OTR would be the home for basketball discussion and then the members of OTR and the members of TBE would come together and create a football forum. OTR would gain activity and more members. TBE would get some more members, then we would combine and make the best football forum around. Everyone would win in this situation, no money would have to be bought on a IPB and it would work out for all of us.

Also, no ownership changes would be made on here or TBE, this means no one else would become owners of OTR, anything to that nature.

Edited by BadgerFan

In a nutshell - No. Not a chance.

OTR does not need to be relied upon to generate activity amongst a network of mediocre sites. Even with the recent string of hackings and unrest amongst a certain amount of members, it`s tried to be done before, and it`s never been positive. And to be quite honest, your track record (and age) don`t exactly speak too much about what your trying to accomplish here. I just don`t like the idea. Sorry.

In a nutshell - No. Not a chance.

OTR does not need to be relied upon to generate activity amongst a network of mediocre sites. Even with the recent string of hackings and unrest amongst a certain amount of members, it`s tried to be done before, and it`s never been positive. And to be quite honest, your track record (and age) don`t exactly speak too much about what your trying to accomplish here. I just don`t like the idea. Sorry.

I am not the leader of this network, just an admin on the baseball site.

Personally, I think it's an outstanding idea that could take OTR to new heights. I know RD had experimented with creating a network among boards a few months ago, but with a different set-up. A website with team blogs run by the intelligent users of TBE and OTR would be extremely powerful. Just think how many hits that could give OTR considering a good portion of that kind of site would be original content and not just a RSS Feed from magazines like RealGM.

• Owner

The problem you're going to run into and have absolutely no answers for will be losing posts. You may say it won't happen, but the truth is, single-sport sites rely on a lot of activity for their respective sports, especially during the off-season.

On a boring day in mid-July, OTR would be dead in this case, unless a huge blockbuster trade went down.

The problem you're going to run into and have absolutely no answers for will be losing posts. You may say it won't happen, but the truth is, single-sport sites rely on a lot of activity for their respective sports, especially during the off-season.

On a boring day in mid-July, OTR would be dead in this case, unless a huge blockbuster trade went down.

Very true. But I don't think it's something that Sim Leagues, Re-Drafts, contests, and things of the similar couldn't fix.

[expletive] no. OTR's fine the way it is, it doesn't need to be part of some outsiders' network. Keep it separate, that's the way OTR should be. There's no need to mess with things, the community's great and there's no need to change jack [expletive].

Don't do it, B.