Boston @ Cleveland

It looks like Cleveland starts off the season with a loss at home court :o

Looks like having Shaq in the paint is forcing Bron to take more jumpers than finishes at the rim. Although he shot well for the most part tonight, I don't think this system is going to work out as well as the season progresses.

I know this is just one game, but the Shaq addition hasn't worked as well as the Cavs have hoped.

We need D West back, when our bench came in we were getting destroyed. They should start Big Z and only play Shaq when LeBron is benched. It is pointless having Shaq and LeBron in the game at the same time when the bench is playing like garbage. I am liking how Anthony Parker is playing, I can tell he will fit in perfectly with the Cavs. Our movement on offense needs work, during the 1st quarter it was looking sloppy but we were some how winning. We also need a more effective way to lob the ball down low to Shaq because the pick and rolls were not working at all.

It was a good game to watch and im glad we didn't loose by that many points (Especially since LeBron had to do everything). We gonna be looking dangerous once everyone gets used to playing with each other.

We need D West back, when our bench came in we were getting destroyed. They should start Big Z and only play Shaq when LeBron is benched. It is pointless having Shaq and LeBron in the game at the same time when the bench is playing like garbage. I am liking how Anthony Parker is playing, I can tell he will fit in perfectly with the Cavs. Our movement on offense needs work, during the 1st quarter it was looking sloppy but we were some how winning. We also need a more effective way to lob the ball down low to Shaq because the pick and rolls were not working at all.

It was a good game to watch and im glad we didn't loose by that many points (Especially since LeBron had to do everything). We gonna be looking dangerous once everyone gets used to playing with each other.

Anthony is one of the better ball movers on the team. Even when West comes back, I'd still start AP, just for a better flowing offense, and Delonte can bring spark off the bench.

You're probably right about Shaq. Him and LeBron love that paint. It's best to let them dominate the area at separate times in the game.

The thing is, that would be a very difficult decision for a coach to bench one of the greatest centers of all time.

People must not have been watching the game if they think Shaq clogged the lane for LeBron. He was still taking it to the lane with ease. During the first half he was not looking to score much because they were trying to adjust everyone into the offense and see how things go, but when 4th quarter came LeBron was putting his work in. Shaq was also putting some work in during the 1st quarter, they just have to find better ways to set him up down low. We need to seriously work on defending pick and rolls. Rasheed was killing us with the pick n rolls.

Celtics should seriously start Rasheed Wallace. He will benefit the most when Rondo is on the court and would give KG a lot of space to work down low. Wallace independent scoring was looking ugly though, he should just stick to being a spot up shooter and spacing the floor. Garnett's leg seems to be slowing him down a bit but he still got his game. The big 3 are not aging as fast as some people thought they would.

I am stunned but it's my own fault.

I began watching this and thought, no, I knew that the Cavs were ready. But hey, this is the first real center the Cavs have played with in awhile.

But when you're up 24-12 you have to put an elite team like the Celts down.

And on a personal note, we were down 4 with a few minutes left, and LeBron yet again stays on the perimeter and shoots a three when he could've driven it to the basket (which he barely did all game) and made it a two point game.

The Cavs laid an egg. It was the ECF all over again with a blown 1st quarter lead.

They still can't defend the pick and roll with Sheed dominating Z and Mike Bron needs time to get the correct rotations.

Yes, it's a home game that we should've won, but still, it's one game. It was important and it wasn't important. Good job Celtics, now let's move on to the Raptors and build on this.

And we need Delonte!

Here's a pic I took btw:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs024.snc3/11141_318226220295_786850295_9376653_6336641_n.jpg

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

People must not have been watching the game if they think Shaq clogged the lane for LeBron. He was still taking it to the lane with ease. During the first half he was not looking to score much because they were trying to adjust everyone into the offense and see how things go, but when 4th quarter came LeBron was putting his work in. Shaq was also putting some work in during the 1st quarter, they just have to find better ways to set him up down low. We need to seriously work on defending pick and rolls. Rasheed was killing us with the pick n rolls.

Celtics should seriously start Rasheed Wallace. He will benefit the most when Rondo is on the court and would give KG a lot of space to work down low. Wallace independent scoring was looking ugly though, he should just stick to being a spot up shooter and spacing the floor. Garnett's leg seems to be slowing him down a bit but he still got his game. The big 3 are not aging as fast as some people thought they would.

No I was watching the same game. It seemed to me that the only time LeBron drove was when they isolated. He drove some other times but it was when Shaq would leave the lane. Either way I thought it was obvious LeBron was not as aggressive as he has been in the past.

HUGE win. To take game 1 of the season IN Cleveland a place where they BARELY lose is huge. Everybody looked good, From the starters to the bench. Sheed + Daniels additions are looking VERY nice, Daniels showed ability to spot Pierce on the defensive end when he and PP are in the game at the same time when 'Quis was on LeBron he did a very solid job.

Good game Cavs, but the better team won.

^ How was he not aggressive? He almost dropped 40 and was getting to the free throw line at will during the closing minutes...

Dude he shot 9 threes and was circled about the perimeter the majority of the game. If he just drove it a few times in the 4th this game wouldn't be closer, we may have just won.

lol @ the people [expletive]ing about Bron "settling for threes". He got to the line 13 times in the game, shot 12-22 from the field, and 4-9 from downtown. 4-9 from three point is a very good percentage and when he is making them I don't see why anyone should have a problem with him taking that shot.

• Owner

Five days ago.

You were off by a few points. ;)

Haha, good prediction.

Shaq didn't clog the lane much. LeBron just decided to shoot the ball late in the game.

And as far as pick and rolls go, if that was your biggest concern from last season, you just messed up bringing Shaq in. He's horrific at defending them, and the Celtics ate you guys alive tonight on the pick and roll.

Offensively the Cavs are going to miss John Kuester a lot this season. Mike Brown is a good defensive coach and understands that end of the floor very well but he simply does not have a good offensive mind and his offense is very limited. Having Kuester around last season was great for the Cavs because it enabled Brown to basically focus entirely on the defensive end of the floor while Kuester would take care of the offense. Kuester was the main guy on the offense and the "mastermind" behind the Cavs effective offense last year. I really think that losing him to the Pistons is going to hurt this team if Brown can't get their offense going because it was painful to watch for the majority of today's game against the Celtics.

What made the Cavs so great last season was that they finally did things on offense other than the typical LeBron iso play. They ran offensive sets and didn't just rely primarily on LeBron creating something out of nothing every trip down the floor. They did not do a good job of including Shaq in the offense and he was pretty much a non factor offensively especially in the 2nd half of the game. They absolutely have to get him and LeBron to be able to work off of one another or else they are going to be a worse team than they were last season with Shaq's inability to defend the pick and roll. Will Brown be able to figure out to get the most out of both Shaq and LeBron at the same time? The Cavs success relies on that imo.

I know that it is only one game so I would definitely not hit the panic button yet if I were a Cavs fan because you simply cannot make an accurate judgment of something off of the opening game of the season but they are going to have to do something different offensively if they plan on winning it all this season. I don't think that they can win a Championship if they are relying on LeBron creating every single time down the floor. I didn't expect the Cavs to be a great cohesive unit out of the gate but watching them tonight makes me think that they are definitely going to miss Kuester this season.