Chad Ford: "Knicks Shopping Amar'e Hard"

NomarFachix

kurtis, tx [via mobile]

Other than Dwight Howard and possibly Deron Williams, what other players could you see traded before the deadline. Also will Darryl Morey and the Rockets make any moves?

Chad Ford

(1:27 PM)

Well, Chris Kaman looks like he's gone. Gotta believe Pau Gasol will be gone for the right deal. Knicks shopping Amare hard, but his non-insured contract is a major issue. The entire Celtics team is on the block.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42349/nba-insider-chad-ford

Thoughts, Knicks fans? I'm sure we'd be able to get a good amount for Amar'e, perhaps a young package with a point guard and some nice role players around Melo.. but are we ready to give up on him so quickly? Just a year ago he was carrying this team on his shoulders, but now the team has been reconfigured around him and it seems as though he no longer fits (no PG a MAJOR problem). Is it time to consider trading him?

• Owner

You can't be shocked to hear this. The Knicks want to make changes, and they probably feel it's more about the players than it is the coaching. Who would go between Melo and Amare? I'm not surprised it's STAT.

However, I do find it interesting that Knicks fans would entertain a Melo/Deron swap. I wonder if Dolan would, though.

I'm assuming he sees Anthony as the money-maker in all of this, and he may have deals lined up to acquire a PG with Amare (although, I really can't think of any legit deal they could get a PG in return for Amare). OKC won't bite.

Watch the Knicks trade Amare and Landry to the Hawks for Joe Johnson and Vlad Radmanovic. :wacko:

I wonder if Dolan would, though.

I'm assuming he sees Anthony as the money-maker in all of this

Absolutely. This was his motivation for the Melo trade last year, and it's why he pushed the issue.. if he's selling out games and concessions are making a killing, he wins.

It's why he enabled Glen Sather (Rangers GM) to trade for names like Lindros and Bure and sign guys like Fleury, Jagr (good move), Holik, Gomez, and Drury.. he wants the big names who will sell tickets.

He's a buffoon. Hell, a buffoon would be more competent.

Yeah it becomes a loyalty issue which BFT hit on a bit there.

I think for the make up on the team, it'd make sense to move him. I also see a guy who's starting to age with back and definite knee injuries. I DO think he has lost SOME (NOT all) explosiveness this season...

I'd debate moving him, it would really depend on for who though. I mean, it's tough, because if you're going to move him for some role players and a mediocre PG, I don't think it's even worth it.

Why Knicks........

Amare was the only player who wanted to come here when no one else didn't....

He accepted the challenge... [expletive] Dolan, man....

That's only half right. U do realize they gave him a 100 million dollar contract, which was enticing and with like 10 seasons in the NBA, unproven whether he could be great without Nash, and like 3 knee surgeries & major eye surgery. Lol.

I do agree with u in a sense though