Time To Give Up?

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Warriors' second unit is often playing better than their starters. The most this team can achieve is an 8th seed. No trade block player wants to play for Golden State. Instead of pursuing that 8th seed, should the Dubs write the season off already and focus on getting a better 2012 draft lottery pick? It does seems to be one of the most talent-stacked drafts over the past few years.

The only way that they keep their 1st round pick is if it is a top 7 selection, so that makes things difficult.

Even if they tank, are they a worse team than anyone of:

Charlotte

Detroit

Toronto

Washington

New Orleans

Sacramento

???

You could argue Sacramento, but other than them they aren't worse than any of the other 5 teams.

With them likely handing over their pick to the Jazz this year because of how bad the bottom teams are, I'd just play the season out and be as competitive as possible.

Golden State has shown shades of excellence under Mark Jackson. I wouldnt necessarily put the blame on him. Defensively they have improved but they are still really sporadic. They need a more consistent effort for 48 minutes. There major issue is that they don't have a true center. Biedrins has been a disappointment and if he isn't producing they simply have no one who can play in his place. Warriors rank at the bottom in rebounding and until they get their big man issue resolved they aren't going anywhere.

It was time to give up before the season even started. :(

We have to cut Biedrins, trade Ellis or Curry (or both), and find a way to get rid of Lee's terrible contract. Jackson thinks they can go far with the current group of guys. I think it's good for a coach to be optimistic and build confidence with his team, but not a team like this..

They could have amnestied Biedrins, but instead they used it on Charlie Bell.

Like Simba said, they have been excellent in some games, but not often enough. I am sure they are calling teams to see if they want Monta, but at the moment maybe they should ask other teams about taking Curry instead.