Is The Asian Sensation For Real?

MainEv3nt

I've seen most of the last 2 games and I'm officially impressed. He has a very good feel for the game, is on-point with his passes and decisions in the pick-and-roll, is deceptively quick going right and has decent finishing ability, his jumper is a little shaky but he knocks 'em down, and he works on defense. He needs to prove he can make plays going to his left, but as a PG on a team with two elite scoring options, a very good PnR center, a decent all-around role player at SG, and a PG-friendly offensive system, I definitely see him continuing to make a strong impact on this team.

I do think, however, in the next few games before Amare/Melo come back he'll come back down to Earth a bit as he will literally be THE guy teams gameplan for. And as an undrafted player getting his first real burn while being the centerpiece of this current squad, I think his flaws will begin to be exposed. But as I said, once Amare/Melo get back, he'll be in a perfect situation to keep making a big impact on games.

Baffled that the Rockets cut him for Jeff Adrien after Lin put the team on his back and almost led the Rockets to a last minute comeback in the final preseason game.

Right now he's taking the league by surprise but eventually I do see him cooling off like Nitro said.

Lin fits perfect into D'Antoni's system, and he's just been great. And he hasn't shot the ball well from 3, or from the perimeter really at all. He gets to the hoop seemingly with ease. Great passer, and just a great feel for the game, similar to what Nitro said.

I think he's definitely for real. Is he the next Steve Nash? That's yet TBD. But I think he is definitely going to be a very good player, and with STAT and Melo I don't see why he can't be just as effective on the PnR and offensively as a whole.

Depends on what for real is, is he a guy who's going to be a 20-10 guy? no probably not. But is he a great bench point decent starting PG, I believe so yes. He is so fast at getting to the rim and great at finishing. I know I might get laughed at for this but he really reminded me a lot of the guy across from him tonight, John Wall..

Depends on what for real is, is he a guy who's going to be a 20-10 guy? no probably not. But is he a great bench point decent starting PG, I believe so yes. He is so fast at getting to the rim and great at finishing. I know I might get laughed at for this but he really reminded me a lot of the guy across from him tonight, John Wall..

Couldn't have put it any better. Y'all need to calm down. He's not the next Jordan. Not anywhere close so I don't see what's the hype for. Led his team recently. Good for him. Nothing special tho'. I'm not impressed.

Couldn't have put it any better. I'm not impressed.

Obviously not, you don't know basketball.

Y'all need to calm down. He's not the next Jordan. Not anywhere close so I don't see what's the hype for. Nothing special tho'.

Not the next Jordan, not allowed to talk about how well he's played? Got it. We have a [expletive]ing Corey Magette STAR TRACKER, but no conversation about a player who is actually playing well and leading his team to wins. Makes sense.

• Like 2

I don't think we'll ever ask him to be a 20-10 guy with this team.. as long as the 10 is constant. His driving and creating for others will be much more important to the team once Amar'e and Melo are back.

Couldn't have put it any better. Y'all need to calm down. He's not the next Jordan. Not anywhere close so I don't see what's the hype for. Led his team recently. Good for him. Nothing special tho'. I'm not impressed.

No one is saying he is. But he's the only guy since LeBron, I believe, in his first few starts to put up 20+ pts and have 8+ ast.

All we need is a 15/7...and limit the turnovers. We need a guy to run the offense, penetrate and kick. It really isn't nearly as hard as a guy like Toney Douglas made it look.

I think Lin's shocking play is a real diss towards Douglas. It shows how awful of an NBA player Toney Douglas is.

Edited by JYD

he's the only guy since LeBron, I believe, in his first few starts to put up 20+ pts and have 8+ ast.

Schefter tweet:

"Jeremy Lin is 1st player since LeBron James in 2003 with 20+ points and 8+ assists in first two NBA starts. He's the Knicks' Victor Cruz."

• Owner

He's doing much more than I ever expected him to. I was anticipating a replica of Sun Yue, who was hyped up after the way he played overseas (and how he played Team USA).

Last night, Lin got a lot of shots in/near the paint...it was pretty impressive. He's a smart player who gets the majority of his teammates involved, and if he can sustain his play and confidence until Melo returns, and if Melo actually lets him handle the ball most of the game, he can be a big deal for New York.

Dare I say the savior?

Interestingly enough Morey just tweeted on Lin and admits he should have kept him.

Daryl Morey @dmorey

We should have kept @jlin7.Did not know he was this good.Anyone who says they knew misleading U RT @trane711 Just accept the @jlin7 mistake

Daryl Morey @dmorey

Finally,really happy for @jlin7. Very hard working, nice, & humble. He has a great, great future RT @trane711 Just accept the @jlin7 mistake

Hard to believe a preseason cut is going to cost us a high lottery pick.

Just wait till Melo or Amare beat his ass for taking to much of their thunder.

Right now the kid is on a role but i so expect him to cool off when teams actually start playing for him somewhat.

Role playing game?

Amar'e will absolutely love playing with Lin Daddy. IsoMelo is not going to be too big a fan.

Interestingly enough Morey just tweeted on Lin and admits he should have kept him.

Hard to believe a preseason cut is going to cost us a high lottery pick.

It's still top 5 protected which I have to keep saying, Lin might avoid a disaster for both of our teams. If the Knicks got the 5 pick it'd be a fail for both teams.

• Owner

It's still top 5 protected which I have to keep saying, Lin might avoid a disaster for both of our teams. If the Knicks got the 5 pick it'd be a fail for both teams.

I don't know. I can't see the Knicks doing anything in the playoffs, even if Lin continues to play this way, and that top five pick is going to be HUGE in this upcoming draft.

I don't encourage tanking, though...just saying that, if it ended up that way, having that top five pick would be a blessing in disguise, if used correctly (could even be traded for an all-star, really).

I don't know. I can't see the Knicks doing anything in the playoffs, even if Lin continues to play this way, and that top five pick is going to be HUGE in this upcoming draft.

I can see them winning a round if Lin plays the way he has, Amar'e and Lin mesh well, and Melo remembers how to score efficiently. Chandler has been tremendous, and the role players are coming into their own (Novak, Fields, Jeffries, Shumpert). Not contenders, but I'd be happy with the progress if they're able to reach round 2.