Is The Asian Sensation For Real?

MainEv3nt

• Owner

I can see them winning a round if Lin plays the way he has, Amar'e and Lin mesh well, and Melo remembers how to score efficiently. Chandler has been tremendous, and the role players are coming into their own (Novak, Fields, Jeffries, Shumpert). Not contenders, but I'd be happy with the progress if they're able to reach round 2.

Haha...well, I'm a Lakers fan. When I say, "Doing nothing in the playoffs," I mean that they won't get into the conference finals. :lol:

Haha...well, I'm a Lakers fan. When I say, "Doing nothing in the playoffs," I mean that they won't get into the conference finals. :lol:

Dude, if we got into the 2nd round I'd be ecstatic. I know it sounds stupid for a team that had "championship aspirations" with "two stars now" but the Knicks have not won a playoff game in almost a decade.

I been very impressed with the way hes playing. I thought maybe he was just lucky but he been every consistent and showing everyone thats hes for real. I just hope Melo & Stat don't touch the ball all the time because we need the ball in Lin's hand more so he can make us plays.

That's Epic. Somebody needs to put together a Lin mix with the Asian theme from "Rush Hour"!!!

Who Could Have Known About Lin?

It’s not often that a polished Harvard grad gets the short end of the stick. Yet that’s precisely what happened to one graduate of that distinguished institution. Jeremy Lin completed his four-year career at Harvard and prepared to enter a career with extremely high salaries. Despite his pedigree, Lin was not able to catch on in the business for an entire year after graduation. Of course, Lin’s chosen career field was fairly exclusive: he chose to go into professional basketball. Although Lin accumulated a Position-Adjusted Win Score of 12.96 in his senior year at Harvard, he went undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft. The average PAWS of college players selected in the NBA Draft is 10.18, so it seems relatively clear that Lin was a good prospect. However, there are two extenuating circumstances:

• College productivity does not always lead to NBA productivity
  • Lin played in the Ivy League, midmajor or minor conference, and therefore faced weaker competition than many of the players who were drafted

(...) So here’s someone who was interested in Jeremy Lin in August of 2010. Okay, I give up on the thesis that nobody saw Jeremy Lin coming. Even in the blogosphere, some people thought Jeremy Lin was a viable NBA player. Let’s shift to another question. How could anyone see Jeremy Lin coming? His sample size in the NBA is so small, what other numbers, besides his college performance, can we use to evaluate Jeremy Lin?

Source

I hope he's for real, because I picked the Knicks to win it all this year. I'm very excited to see how he plays when everyone's healthy.

I think Lin and Baron could play off each other well in the big moments of playoff games. Lin has handled the pressure and expectations greatly so far, and when Melo and Amare come back he won't have as much pressure being the 3rd/4th best player in the starting lineup.

So I think he's going to get better based on the better players he'll be with in the near future.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Interestingly enough Morey just tweeted on Lin and admits he should have kept him.

Hard to believe a preseason cut is going to cost us a high lottery pick.

Here's a story on it:

Rockets GM Morey: We made a mistake on Lin

(...) The Rockets brought Lin into camp, but with Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic and Johnny Flynn already on the roster, passed on the Harvard graduate. Morey said he was happy for Lin, saying he has a great future. The exchange began with Morey, who was taking questions via Twitter, was asked about Lin.

"He is a very good player but Linsanity was not happening here this year," Morey said.

Source

EDIT:

Good read on Lin getting overlooked before NBA debut:

Lin has a story of being overlooked

Edited by Šhãłïq