Kobe Fires Salvos at Lin

Then why are you Clippers hyped? Who did they beat in the playoffs?

1. I'm not hyped.
  2. At least the Clippers are playoff-bound and 8 games above .500 in a conference where sub-500 teams don't earn a playoff berth.

#hypocrite

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with anything here. You on crack? :huh:

And careful what you call people.

I was rooting for the Knicks against the Celtics last year, BTW.

I'm not hyped.

"Blake Griffin stat tracker" thread, "Most successful season ever" thread, "It's hip to be a clip" thread, "Clippers will beat any top team in the East" claim, it goes on and on.. that's not hyping the Clippers, but talking about Lin during the hottest streak from a rookie since the merger is? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

At least the Clippers are playoff-bound and 8 games above .500 in a conference where sub-500 teams don't earn a playoff berth.

This is irrelevant.. the point that you echoed from Real Deal is that the only thing that matters are playoff wins, and this regular season shit doesn't mean much. The Clippers don't have any playoff wins, so you're placing your own squad in the same sinking boat..

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with anything here. You on crack? :huh:

And careful what you call people.

It surely does. You're ripping Knicks fans for the same exact thing that you do with your squad under the same pretenses. "You're overhyping, regular season doesn't mean anything" applies to both teams, but you're only killing one side for doing it. Hypocritical.

I was rooting for the Knicks against the Celtics last year, BTW.

Thanks man.

I don't see anything wrong with following a player in a Stat Tracker thread. On OTR 1.0 we had like 15 board members doin' one. Plus, I've got a Maggette one too, and he's not even a Clipper any more. BTW, Griffin's by far NOT my favorite Clipper. I've got much more love for DeAndre, E-Bled, CP3, Chauncey, Reggie (Evans), Mo, Ryan Gomes.. even for Travis Leslie. :lol: Honestly, I just started the Griffin thread so I could keep track of his double-doubles. ;)

On to my "Most successful season ever" - yes, it actually is on pace to be just that. It's nothing but the truth. No exaggaration here.

And you're still wrong about the so-called 'hypocrisy' you see. I ain't got different standards - I gave Lin credit, maybe you've missed it, but I did:

@ Guru: Now that's closer to a great game. Even though I placed some bets on the Lakers (and lost), tonight's game was much greater than last night's one (LAL @ BOS). And here's an interesting stat:

Jeremy Lin's last 4 games:

• Sat. vs NJ: 25 pts. 7 assists
  • Mon vs Utah: 28 pts, 8 assists
  • Wed @ WSH: 23 pts, 10 assists
  • Fri vs LAL: 36 pts, 7 assists

Most in first four starts since NBA/ABA merger.

Regarding the "It's hip to be a clip" thread -- it's a reporter's opinion that I re-posted. It only shows the fact that many people do think that the Clippers are indeed catchin' fiyah! I ain't really overhyping anything. I've been a Clippers fan for so long and I'm not gonna pass on when there's something really good to cheer for. Is there any reason not to? I will sure enjoy it whle it lasts. Quite honestly, it gives me one helluva reason to live another day. This ain't the team where you're so thankful when you get a win. Winning ain't an event anymore, it's becomig a must. Only a few years ago the Clippers were a dying, aging product and I had to invent things to be excited about (B-Diddy mentoring E-Bled, DJ and Blake's "from-the-bathtub through-the-window" hoops). Nowadays polls on NBA.com show how fans nationwide think the Clippers are the most entertaining team in the NBA! This franchise, maybe even during its few playoff years, hasn't been in this position before. This team's got what it takes to make not only various CONSISTENT playoff appearances, but can also go deep in the 'offs!! This team shows amazing spirit and heart! Reggie Evans is fighting for a rebound as if his life depended on it. I ain't saying it's the best Clippers team ever 'cause I never get to see 'em in Buffalo and never saw World B Free play, but it's gotta be one of the Top 5 Clipper teams all-time. No question about it. I'm having the time of my life as a Clippers fan again for the first time since LAC almost eliminated the Suns in West's Semis. I've never been this confident that the Clippers will make the playoffs. No If's, no But's. Of course, these Clippers are not perfect but this is the best team we've had! CP3 is the best PG this franchise has ever had. DJ is much better than Kaman. For some reason folks think Blake's the best thing that's ever happened to the franchise. I don't agree but I've also noticed that people focus more on his flaws and overlook the positives he brings.

And I'm not 'placing my own squad in the same sinking boat'. The Clippers have playoff wins. And playoff series wins too. If your comment's regarding this current season -- no team's got playoff wins yet so.... :huh:

Thanks man.

Don't mention it. Heck, come to think about it, I was rooting for the Knicks back in the 1999 Finals. Latrell, Houston & Camby were among my favorite players. I got so mad when the Spurs won....

Edited by Šhãłïq

I'm on break at work, so I don't have time to read all that.. my point is that the Knicks fans are merely celebrating a player playing well. Nobody is calling him Jordan, proclaiming a championship, or even saying we'll go deep in the playoffs.

Real gave the champion response, wins in the playoffs are all that matter. For you to echo that sentiment while criticizing the Knicks fans for celebrating their team is hypocritical, because your team hasn't won in the playoffs either, and you celebrate your team quite often.

• Owner

I really didn't say that playoff games are the only games that matter. I stated that a regular season game in February, for OUR team, is meaningless because I'm very confident that the Lakers are prepared to deal half of this roster before the deadline.

It was all regarding the assumption that I was sour about the loss, which I really didn't care about. We lost to a couple of bad teams on the road already...it happens every year with us, even during our championship seasons, and the biggest thing about the Lakers over the last two decades is that we have a tendency to play complacent.

That was certainly not the excuse last night, as our team is just stupid, running a basic offense with bad shooters and slow players, no playmaker other than our primary scoring option, a center that either looks to score all the time, or looks to pass all the time (doesn't know how to do both), and matadors playing PG.

Teams that are considered bottom-feeders (like the Bobcats) should have fans who get happy for wins like this. Really, really happy. The Knicks fans can celebrate, that's never a problem, but there's never a reason to ask a fan of one of the greatest basketball franchises of all time if he is salty, unless it's some playoff series.

We lost to the Clippers once this season. While we could meet them in the playoffs, it's not that big of a deal to me UNTIL we meet them in the playoffs. I want to win every regular season game we play, of course, but given the circumstances, this team needs a big trade or two, and this stuff doesn't concern me at all.

I'll start getting angry over losses after the deadline, when it's time for our team to push for a high seed and start dominating teams we should beat.

I'm just hoping you guys aren't setting yourselves up in the same manner that ECN has over the years, with his teams. The Knicks have their next four games against poor defensive teams (can't see after that, from my phone), and I'm sure they can go on a nice little streak of wins. In the East, it's magnified, and I can see where all of this is going. I know about seven Broncos fans, living in my area, and this is exactly the same road they traveled.