JR Smith to the Knicks?

Need4Sheed

It is official: J.R. Smith is a New York Knick, per his Twitter account.

Yes, sirrrr -- "J.R. Smith is a Knick, and he might actually work out there":

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/JRKnicks.jpg

Former Hornets, Nuggets, and Chinese Basketball Association scoring guard J.R. Smith has apparently chosen the New York Knicks to play with once the CBA's season ends and his free agency allows him. And why not? With an attention-starved Kardashian attempting to shoehorn her name into the Jeremy Lin nuttiness, and Sarah Palin (out of Republican Presidential candidates to troll) posing with a Lin/Knicks t-shirt, it's only right that the best available free agent should want to sidle up with the NBA's biggest story.

Link

Edited by Šhãłïq

Not really to surprised with Smith going to the Knicks being that he's from Jersey and he gets to play with Melo again. This should be a good signing for the Knicks though especially with the way Lin has been playing and with Melo returning soon.

Balkman's goodbye tweet:

Renaldo Balkman @R_Balkman32

New york was great love da big apple #imout

Also:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

The Knicks are offering J.R. Smith a second year player option of $2.5M that could make deal worth $4.3M, league sources tell Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

For J.R. Smith, it would've been hard to turn down two years, $4.3M with Knicks for $450K over two months with Clippers.

I liked balk, me and my friend had a funny thing we used to say to eachother freebalkman, after his preseason and melos struggles, JR already got haters saying he cant play without ruining the system, hopefully he proves them wrong.

I liked balk, me and my friend had a funny thing we used to say to eachother freebalkman, after his preseason and melos struggles, JR already got haters saying he cant play without ruining the system, hopefully he proves them wrong.

he would've been gladly welcomed tonight! No one could hit a shot, he just adds another scoring threat...which, surprisingly, this team needs..

Fun fact: J.R. Smith dunked on me in high school.

Fun fact: My aunt was one of his teacher's in high school.

Anyway, great signing, especially for the price (he's at the very least an MLE level player). He gives the Knick bench a desperate talent upgrade, and hopefully when Melo gets back Knick fans never have to see Bill Walker or Toney Douglas play anything beside spot minutes. Yes, Smith is a headcase, and yes he has a quick trigger, but he is a smarter player than people give him credit for, and he will fit in quite nicely into the D'Antoni offense. If Melo comes back and fits in reasonably well, the Knicks all of a sudden become a really dangerous team come playoff time.