Chris Paul vs. Ricky Rubio

Sħãlïq™

Chris Paul vs. Ricky Rubio  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.backstagegfx.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/timthumb.png

^My reaction when I saw this:

(...) However, among PG's, it's either CP3 or Rubio. Personally, I think Rubio is doing pretty damn good in clutch situations, scoring OR creating for others.

I know RD was comparing them as closers, not as overall PGs, but even so.... Even in that case - JYD put it best:

'NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.' That's why I started this thread.

NOTE:

Poll added.

Edited by Šhãłïq

• Owner

Production per 48 min of clutch time

CP3: 39.2 PTS, 41.2% FG, 25% 3PT, 13.1 FTA, 8.7 REB, 6.1 AST, 3.5 TO, 3.5 STL

RR: 28.4 PTS, 47.4% FG, 66.7% 3PT, 14.2 FTA, 6.3 REB, 7.9 AST, 3.9 TO, 3.2 STL

Aside from scoring more points (which would be obvious, considering it's CP3), looks like Rubio is shooting better from everywhere on the court, getting more assists, and nearly matching the rest of CP3's numbers. Both are PG's, both have a top PF on their team, both usually have the ball in their hands in the clutch. Kind of wondering what else I should say here.

• Like 4

Production per 48 min of clutch time

CP3: 39.2 PTS, 41.2% FG, 25% 3PT, 13.1 FTA, 8.7 REB, 6.1 AST, 3.5 TO, 3.5 STL

RR: 28.4 PTS, 47.4% FG, 66.7% 3PT, 14.2 FTA, 6.3 REB, 7.9 AST, 3.9 TO, 3.2 STL

Aside from scoring more points (which would be obvious, considering it's CP3), looks like Rubio is shooting better from everywhere on the court, getting more assists, and nearly matching the rest of CP3's numbers. Both are PG's, both have a top PF on their team, both usually have the ball in their hands in the clutch. Kind of wondering what else I should say here.

I would take Rubio over CP3 any day.

I would take CP3 over Rubio any day lol, Rubio may have played better but you def have to take in consideration the attention each player gets at the end of game. One game I watched Rubio got a wide open look from 3 because the defender went under the screen and no one helped. You think that would happen with CP3?

I would take CP3 over Rubio any day lol, Rubio may have played better but you def have to take in consideration the attention each player gets at the end of game. One game I watched Rubio got a wide open look from 3 because the defender went under the screen and no one helped. You think that would happen with CP3?

Not only that but CP3 been doin it for years man...

I would love to debate with you on these two great players but I know my argument is going to be biased... Seeing as I just don't like Paul I courageously tip my hat to you my kind sir.

Both have played in less than 60min of "clutch time" this season, and Paul has only played 12 games where those situations arose. In other words, way too small of a sample size to make any reasonable conclusion, along with the fact that even though they are both PG's with the ball in their hands a lot, the roles are different...Paul is looked to score a lot more than Rubio is, and is put in far more iso situations in the clutch than Rubio is.

After I saw Rubio rape the Rockets 2 nights ago I have to say that he is gonna be amazing as hell. Dudes a 20/10 player waiting to happen.

Passes like this are just beautiful, dudes a genius.

Edited by Yugo696969
  • Like 1

After I saw Rubio rape the Rockets 2 nights ago I have to say that he is gonna be amazing as hell. Dudes a 20/10 player waiting to happen.

Passes like this are just beautiful, dudes a genius.

GODDAMN I thought he lost the ball or some shit

I agree Yugo, best young PG in the league. Only question was his jumpshot and he silenced those critics.

I love Rubio and have been preaching that he'd be a very good NBA player since a few years ago, but his jumper is still very much a concern...he's shooting under 38% from the field and 33% from 3. The rest of his game is tremendous, but if he ever wants to be a truly elite PG he needs to develop a better jumper because he is not the kind of athletic freak that can get to the rim and finish at will.