So I got laid off today! (UPDATED 3.15.12)

Dr. Feelgood

Yup…I got laid off today. Without any real reason. My boss told me that evidently I got into it with someone at work while my boss was on vacation. I asked him who I got into it with because I honestly didn’t remember. He replied with “Well, at this point, I’m just following directions from high above and there isn’t anything I can do. We’re gonna have to let you go. I’m sorry.” I told him I understood and clocked out.

The hardest part though, was saying goodbye to the warehouse guys. I’ve been working with them for the last 4 in a half years and we’ve formed amazing friendships. It hurts that they just up and let me go, but I know it’s for the better. Seriously though, it’s the guys that work in the warehouse that I’m going to miss the most from that place. When I said goodbye too one of them, I could just see the sadness and anger in his eyes. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he quit sometime soon.

Lucky for me, I’ve got people looking out for me. One of our customers that we work with, that I’ve known for 3 in a half years, said that if he has an opening, he’ll let me know. I told him to keep in touch and he said he would. Then I got a call from my previous boss (because I had texted him that I got laid off). We talked for a good 15 minutes and assured me that this is definitely for the better for me, which I completely agree with.

And lastly, I got a call from my older cousin (who is like a [expletive]ing brother to me). I had always told him that I wanted to quit and find a better job. He’s a supervisor at his work and he told me he’d try to get me a spot. He had been talking to his boss about me, letting him know how reliable I am and what not. So during this call, he said that there were some spots opening up and he wants me to email his boss my resume. If I can get a job at my cousin’s company, I’m already better than the 4 [expletive]ing years I’ve been working at my previous job. Granted, my cousin’s job is about 45 minutes to an hour away from where I live and I don’t have a car…but my cousin said we’ll work something out…which may involve me staying at his place for 5 days a week.

So yes…that’s what happened to me today. I’ve been feeling like shit because I’ve been sick, and now I get laid off for my final paycheck. Win win for me.

Off to better things now.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure I know who went to the owner of the company...his ex wife. She likes to start shit and exaggerate things. I got laid off, I can collect unemployment, I'm done with them. Ultimately, they're only hurting themselves. Not many people know how to do my job as well as I do, or know all the details of doing it. There's me and my previous boss, who quit. I never fully trained my new supervisor on how to do my job, so there is going to be a lot of shit not getting done.

At this point, like I said, I just don't care anymore. I'm done with them, they can go [expletive] themselves. The company is a shady place and if you're not apart of "the group", your job isn't safe. I [expletive]ing kid you not...there is a guy that works there, who was CAUGHT stealing product from the company and was selling it on eBay that still works there. That SAME guy, was caught with the OWNER'S WIFE having sex with her...and STILL works there. There are people that have done time in jail for the owner that work there. It's a crooked company and I'm glad I'm done with it. I could go on and on about this place and you guys wouldn't believe me at all. You would literally think I was making this shit up but I swear to you, I am not.

• 4 weeks later...

So on Tuesday, I had a job interview at my cousin's work. Normal interviews in Oregon, at least to me, last about twenty to thirty minutes. Well...this interview lasted an hour and ten minutes. So naturally, I was feeling really good about the whole thing. Well today, I got a call saying they wanted to offer me the position and I start on the 26th of this month. I've just got to complete a drug test and what not. And, I'm starting off at more than what I was making at my previous job. So I'm pretty [expletive]ing excited right now.

Good for you :yess:

• Like 1