Nets to sign Gerald Green

Art

ARTICLE . 02.27.2012. ESPN . NETS TO SIGN GERALD GREEN

• The Nets are on the verge of signing 2012 D-League All-Star game MVP and 2007 NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion Gerald Green, a league source confirmed to ESPN. "It's looking that way," the source said. Mike Mazzeo . ESPN
  • Gerald Green, fresh off D-League All-Star game MVP, to sign with Nets on Monday. Sam Amico . FOX Sports

• Owner

Could put up better numbers than expected in New Jersey, but he's not much of a team player, isn't consistent enough to really help the Nets THAT much.

I haven't watched him in the D-League, but I wonder if his defense has improved.

Could put up better numbers than expected in New Jersey, but he's not much of a team player, isn't consistent enough to really help the Nets THAT much.

I haven't watched him in the D-League, but I wonder if his defense has improved.

I watched the D-League all-star game and his play has really evolved. After every shot he hustled back on defense making a few key plays, set his team mates up on offense, and was a very big part of the reason the west won that game.

My bad. What I meant was 'could have a decent run for the 8th berth' as in:

Without any major upgrade at the small forward position, I don't see us having a playoff record. Could have a nice run (...) since Lopez will be back and somewhat healthy roster.

Edited by Šhãłïq

My bad. What I meant was 'could have a decent run for the 8th berth' as in:

Key word is major.

He could surprise and be a half-decent player for us but someone who was in the D-League is not going to instantly impact our team. There were rumors of Stephen Jackson and now Beasley and that is more of an upgrade than Green but you just never know what Green could bring this year.

Great move by the Nets. Now I won't be surprised if they make a decent run for the last (playoff) berth.

I think it's a good move, but unless he's the second coming of Jeremy Lin's "Linsanity" run, I don't see them making the playoffs.

I think it was a good move because it's a low risk, high reward transaction. NJ should be able to give him some minutes and give him a fair chance.

Edited by JYD