Lamar Odom Considering Retiring?

Chris Manning ‏ @LD2k

Heard Odom's contract could be bought out by the Mavs and he may be done (personal reasons). Hope it's not true. Love Odom.

Not sure if true, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me. He really doesn't seem to have his heart in the game anymore and with all the crap supposedly going on in his personal life (his cousin dying in the summer, his father being ill, etc...), he may need to just step away from the game for a while and prioritize his life.

Watching him this season you can tell that he just doesn't have the passion for the game that he once did. Being dealt from the Lakers may have been the cause of that, his personal life or other factors that we aren't aware of, but it is clear that he isn't the same out there as he once was.

Citing a source close to the situation, there is a "growing feeling" that Lamar Odom might not return to the Mavericks.

Mark Cuban has gone on the record repeatedly that he's not interested in a buyout, and Odom has absolutely no value in a trade right now. There is a lot of uncertainty around Odom right now, who just hasn't been himself on the court all season.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7631537/growing-feeling-lamar-odom-not-return-dallas-mavericks-according-source

• Owner

I get the feeling Odom never wanted to do anything...never wanted to leave the Lakers (despite requesting the trade), never wanted to be on The Kardashians, never wanted to marry Khloe...like he's just being forced to do all of this by some unknown outside force.

The Mavericks fans could care less about his candy-eating habit, and I'm sure that's also depressing. Odom was like James Worthy in LA...and in Dallas, he's like James Unworthy.

I get the feeling Odom never wanted to do anything...never wanted to leave the Lakers (despite requesting the trade), never wanted to be on The Kardashians, never wanted to marry Khloe...like he's just being forced to do all of this by some unknown outside force.

The Mavericks fans could care less about his candy-eating habit, and I'm sure that's also depressing. Odom was like James Worthy in LA...and in Dallas, he's like James Unworthy.

Not sure I buy the notion of him not loving his wife but I do agree that he never wanted to leave LA but he clearly felt disrespected and hurt by the organization because odds are this was his last contract with LA before retirement.

Now it's clear that the Mavs are tryinna clear as much cap space as possible for the summer. Lamar, Kidd and Terry will be gone. Haywood will be amnistead, and Dallas is trying to sell Marion. Odom might go back to the Clippers - one of the teams he truly enjoyed playing for.

Clippers Contact Dallas About Odom:

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reports the Clippers would like to acquire Odom, but they don't have the right package to tempt Dallas.

Odom, as Bucher points out, could sign with the Clippers in the offseason if Dallas waives him before his 2012-13 salary becomes fully guaranteed. Right now only $2 million is guaranteed for next season.