New Orleans Saints Found Guilty Of Having Bounties

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

NFL announces a comprehensive investigation find Saints defense and coaches guilty of violating NFL rules by having bounties on opponents...

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Investigation reviewed 18.000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. Commissioner Goodell will determine the discipline.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

NFL determined that former Saints DC Gregg Williams administered the program with knowledge of other defensive coaches.

Adam Schefter ******** @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

NFL investigation of Saints began in 2010 when allegations were made that Saints targeted QBs such as Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

NFL security determined between 22 and 27 defensive players on the Saints, as well as at least one asst. coach, maintained a bounty program.

Lol like they're the only team that does this.

Probably true, but I am assuming that the Saints case goes above and beyond, if the NFL launched such an in depth investigation here.

I feel like this isn't even a big deal yet ESPN is running with it like they're the Black Sox.

Da fuk? How is it not a big deal. They were paying their players to injure other players. Do you not comprehend that? That is illegal on multiple levels, and they are going to get slammed HARD!

They should give Donte Whitner a nice paycheck to for his hit against the Saints during the playoffs........

Also, they may be the worst bounty hunters around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc

Also, it's been reported that this happened when Williams was with the Redskins as well. It's going to be hilarious if the Redskins lose a 1st round pick this year and their shot at RG III.

Edited by BeeBeeSee

Saints are going to get destroyed for this. I am expecting to see a loss of this years first and possibly next years second or third, on top of seriously heavy ass fines. This is completely wrong and disgusting to hear about, yes players go out to hit each other but when you are going to get paid for particularly hitting certain players it crosses the line big time.

Apparently it is believed by some that Manning suffered his major neck problem in a game during 2006 against the Redskins when Greg Williams was there..................

That hit was also fined, and from what I've read, the Redskins refused to give Greg Williams the head coaching job because they knew of his bounties.

Anything less than a forfeiture of two 1st round picks and a $1,000,000 fine is a joke.

This is absolutely terrible. The saints should be hit with the book on this one. It's one thing to be getting paid for INT's and forced fumbles, but being paid for injuring players? Was Matt Forte not hurt against the saints last year? this is a [expletive]ing discrase. How the hell would they like it if the Giants came out with JPP, osi, tuck and kiwanuka and whoever put drew brees out of the game was given a bounty. they would probably be pretty pissed off. This is an absolute discrase to the NFL.

This is absolutely terrible. The saints should be hit with the book on this one. It's one thing to be getting paid for INT's and forced fumbles, but being paid for injuring players? Was Matt Forte not hurt against the saints last year? this is a [expletive]ing discrase. How the hell would they like it if the Giants came out with JPP, osi, tuck and kiwanuka and whoever put drew brees out of the game was given a bounty. they would probably be pretty pissed off. This is an absolute discrase to the NFL.

Disgrace*

I don't think it's that big a deal as people are making it out to be. As cruel as this is going to sound, it's good strategy. It's going to exist whether people know or not and from I've read and heard it's very common in the NFL which isn't surprising. I think the Saints are going to be hammered for being the team to get caught, to make an example and set a precedent but still it's still going to happen.

Lol, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Giants did something similar to this. Football is a physical game... big hits are going to get rewarded.

Yeah def, the Cowboys did it in 90's also wouldn't be surprised if both Ryan bros. rewarded their players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwC6fKZvIpM&context=C3ec5eb7ADOEgsToPDskIW7Ec0X7MmK23I3Ut-lHRd

good video talking about it

Edited by fish7718

• 5 weeks later...

Lol like they're the only team that does this.

I feel like this isn't even a big deal yet ESPN is running with it like they're the Black Sox.

Disgrace*

I don't think it's that big a deal as people are making it out to be. As cruel as this is going to sound, it's good strategy. It's going to exist whether people know or not and from I've read and heard it's very common in the NFL which isn't surprising. I think the Saints are going to be hammered for being the team to get caught, to make an example and set a precedent but still it's still going to happen.

Lol, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Giants did something similar to this. Football is a physical game... big hits are going to get rewarded.

Yeah def, the Cowboys did it in 90's also wouldn't be surprised if both Ryan bros. rewarded their players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwC6fKZvIpM&context=C3ec5eb7ADOEgsToPDskIW7Ec0X7MmK23I3Ut-lHRd

good video talking about it

Totally a part of football...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA&feature=player_embedded

Let me tell my players to directly target the head, take out the outside of the ACL, hurt players ankles, commit late hits, etc......

Enjoy your suspension you piece of shit.

Let me tell my players to directly target the head, take out the outside of the ACL, hurt players ankles, commit late hits, etc......

Okay, that was wayyy overboard. He deserved the suspension.

• Like 1

Okay, that was wayyy overboard. He deserved the suspension.

It was worse than I thought it was going to be. Some of it I didn't mind, but when you say that you want to keep hitting his head after the play and trying to take out someones ACL, that's overboard.

I don't think he'll coach for a LONG time, if ever again.

I think their punishment was WAY too light now.

Holy shit. After listening to that, theres no doubt in my mind he should never be able to coach a game in the NFL again. He has absolutely no respect for the players on the apposing team.

Now hold on guys.. I don't think he really mean it I think he trying get inside their head so they can win this game for him. He just wants to have his guys play hard for him. I mean words coming out of your mouth doesn't mean you really mean it.

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

Haha that vid is pretty [expletive]ed up lol the part where he was talking about Frank Gore was terrible, "Kill the head and the body will die" lmao wow

Edited by fish7718

It was worse than I thought it was going to be. Some of it I didn't mind, but when you say that you want to keep hitting his head after the play and trying to take out someones ACL, that's overboard.

I don't think he'll coach for a LONG time, if ever again.

I think their punishment was WAY too light now.

After listening to the tape myself, I agree with this.