How horrible of a rebounder is Brook?

I don't get why people say Kris Humphries is the reason Brook doesn't get boards. Sure it shouldn't help him but Ryan Anderson still grabs 7.5 boards a game, Gasol and Bynum both get a double double, DeAndre Jordan and Blake both get 9+ a game. Just because one big can rebound doesn't mean the other has to suffer. There are plenty of rebounds to be shared. Brook is just a horrible rebounder right now. Now maybe he will get better he has noticed he needs to get better and I agree not fair to judge him this season on such a small sample size.

I don't get why people say Kris Humphries is the reason Brook doesn't get boards. Sure it shouldn't help him but Ryan Anderson still grabs 7.5 boards a game, Gasol and Bynum both get a double double, DeAndre Jordan and Blake both get 9+ a game. Just because one big can rebound doesn't mean the other has to suffer. There are plenty of rebounds to be shared. Brook is just a horrible rebounder right now. Now maybe he will get better he has noticed he needs to get better and I agree not fair to judge him this season on such a small sample size.

There really aren't too many teams with two dominant rebounders and even then you look at their roster and you can see how talent surrounding them makes a huge difference. Even last year when Lopez had his lowest rebounding total, he was still top 20 in offensive rebounds.

The previous season he had mono and lost a lot of weight. This year he gained weight but then lost it again while having to wear a cast so once he is able to put some weight on and maybe have some defensive players, he won't have to help as much and can actually stay on his man.

all i see are excuses

Excuses for what? It's simply and observation from what I've seen watching him over his career. Am I happy he is seven foot and only averaging 7.5 rebounds for his career? Not really, but at the same time you take the good with the bad. He's an offensive player first and above average at that.