BREAKING NEWS: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Mentch

The Dolphins basically have him in the bag, we can't possibly screw this up, but we might find a way. I would love me some RG3, but not complaining at all about getting Peyton Manning. I heard it is down to Miami and Kansas City, and we pretty much have the upper hand in most categories, mostly warm weather.

Seattle Seahawks

Last but certainly not least, the Seattle Seahawks. They have very little to lose. Tarvaris Jackson is impossible not to upgrade from. They’ll probably be doing a lot better at the position if they simply bring in Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, or Kyle Orton off the street. And those are three very real options if Manning doesn’t work out.

That, or the Jets grab Manning and the Seahawks swing a trade for Carroll’s old USC boy, Mark Sanchez. Or if the Cardinals get Manning, Seattle could pick up the scraps (Kolb), or even make a play for Matt Flynn. Seattle is in the best situation, as they know they have to make a change at quarterback, and just by doing so they’ll almost automatically improve their passing game from where it was last season.

Kansas City is also a much more complete team than Miami, so it would make sense for him to prefer playing there over Miami.

Are they though? Miami's offensive fire power is pretty serious if you throw in a Manning and Reggie Wayne. KC has a ton of questions with injuries. Jaamal Charles is coming off of an ACL and so is Eric Berry on defense.

They're about even IMO. If KC has an advantage on Miami its very small at best.

Team wise I'd say they're pretty even so I guess it would come down to the city. Loyalty wise give me kc all day everyday and twice on sunday. They have some passionate fans. Miami on the other hand is probably a much nicer city with more to do but fan wise they're not exactly the steelers. Just depends on what he wants. He does already have a home in Miami though so take that for what its worth.

Team wise I'd say they're pretty even

How so? The Dolphins offense has many more weapons (for a Peyton offense).. Marshall is a top 5-10 WR, Bess is one of the best route runners/slot guys in the league, Bush is a premiere pass catching HB, Fasano is a very good pass catching TE for Manning, and their offensive line is one of the best young lines in the league.

KC has.. Bowe, who is great but no Brandon Marshall, Jamaal Charles, who is a monstrous runner but can't compare to Bush catching the ball out of the backfield or lining up in the slot, and Moeaki who played well as a rookie? Their line is decent as well, but everything seems to be a downgrade compared to Miami.

The Dolphins are AFC Championship game contenders with a healthy Peyton Manning.

I think you're over rating marshall a bit. I honestly think him and bowe are just about equal. We're talkin the bowe that had 17 td's just the year before last with cassel at qb. Marshall has had a case of the dropsies the last couple years. As evident especially in that game against the jets where they could've won had he caught some of those passes thrown to him. While Charles isn't as good a pass catcher as bush he's a much better runner and he's still very serviceable in the pass game. Remember we're talkin about a qb that has had to work with Joseph addai all these years. Mccluster is just as good in the slot as bess and really fasano. I'm not saying maoke is elite but he's definitely better than fasano. Plus you also have baldwin who started to come along at the end of the year and breaston who isn't a bad slot guy either. Maybe the line is a bit better for Miami but not a huge difference between the 2. Defense I think is about the same as well imo. Berry is a beast, flowers is really good, derrick johnson is very good as well as tamba hali who I think is really good as well. Like I said I think they're pretty even. That's just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

KC is not that much better than Miami. We have a really good team, we just haven't had a competent QB since Marino retired, not even a decent QB, they have all been backup talent at best. We also raped the Chiefs last season 31-3, on the road. Not saying we are amazing, but KC's offense is not better than ours, and our defense is really good and thats about all KC has, a good defense.

Also about the fans thing, we might have some shitty fans in Miami. but of all the teams, Dolphins fans are really freaking loyal. The fact that we suck pretty much every season and then everyone is expecting great things when the season starts should show that we are loyal.

Edited by SRV

Oh I'm not saying that you guys fan wise are terrible, I'm just saying kc fans are crazy loyal. I agree that of all 3 teams in Miami dolphins are by far the most loyal. Honestly I think that he's better off in Miami and that's where I think he'll go, but I personally think the chiefs are slightly better. Not by much though. I told my brother yesterday, a bills fan, that I'm sorry but I think he's goin to Miami and that's gonna suck for you guys, the bills.

I think you're over rating marshall a bit. I honestly think him and bowe are just about equal. We're talkin the bowe that had 17 td's just the year before last with cassel at qb. Marshall has had a case of the dropsies the last couple years. As evident especially in that game against the jets where they could've won had he caught some of those passes thrown to him.

Marshall and Bowe had the same number of drops last year. 12, I believe.

Marshall's career has averaged 1,041 and 6 TD, Bowe's is 985 and 7 (with the 15 as an anomaly, otherwise it's fairly low).

I don't see an argument as to how Bowe is the superior (or equal) player, but if that's your opinion.. that's fine. I just don't think it's true at all. Marshall's time with Henne/Moore has people forgetting how much of a beast he is.

While Charles isn't as good a pass catcher as bush he's a much better runner and he's still very serviceable in the pass game. Remember we're talkin about a qb that has had to work with Joseph addai all these years.

It's a Peyton Manning offense, the running game is far secondary. Bush is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr superior in the passing game.

Mccluster is just as good in the slot as bess

No he isn't. He's fast and talented, but there isn't an inside receiver in the NFL who runs better routes with more reliable hands than Davone Bess.

and really fasano. I'm not saying maoke is elite but he's definitely better than fasano.

Fasano is a Dallas Clark clone who can block a bit. I don't know much about the kid from KC, admittedly, but I know Fasano is exactly what Manning looks for quite often on those crossing routes.

Plus you also have baldwin who started to come along at the end of the year and breaston who isn't a bad slot guy either.

Well then we start tossing Brian Hartline in, but in reality none of the three are worth mentioning right now.

Maybe the line is a bit better for Miami but not a huge difference between the 2. Defense I think is about the same as well imo. Berry is a beast, flowers is really good, derrick johnson is very good as well as tamba hali who I think is really good as well. Like I said I think they're pretty even. That's just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

I think the defenses are pretty well even, too. Both top 12-15 units. I just think there's much more there for a Peyton Manning offense in Miami than there is in Kansas City.

I don't see an argument as to how Bowe is the superior (or equal) player,

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

FWIW I'd rather have Bowe on my team over Marshall

A year ago, then-Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall acted like an idiot in practice, angering his coaches by, among other things, punting the ball instead of handing it to the ball boys.

That incident was the beginning of the end for Marshall in Denver. Now Marshall plays for the Dolphins, and although he has said he’s a happy camper in Miami, on Monday he was back to his old ways.

Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post reports that toward the end of practice Monday, Marshall dropped a pass and then picked up the ball and punted it over the fence. After that he stood by himself on the sideline for the rest of the practice.

Neither Marshall nor coach Tony Sparano discussed the incident afterward, but after Marshall dropped two passes in the Dolphins’ preseason opener, this could be an early warning sign that all is not well with the receiver who got $24 million guaranteed after the Broncos traded him to the Dolphins this offseason.

Edited by fish7718

Brandon Marshall might drop a lot of passes, but we have not even come close to using him correctly. If you watch every single Dolphins game, its basically him running 10 yards deep and catching a little something, and he does that about 6 or 7 times a game. We never throw the ball deep or use him in the red zone in a jump ball situation. Our QB's are just not very smart. Any decent QB can see that if you just throw the ball up to him in a decent spot, he will more than likely come down with it. Plus, we might also get Reggie Wayne if Peyton signs here or not. We would have a really damn good offense.