BREAKING NEWS: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Mentch

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that the Indianapolis Colts will release Peyton Manning tomorrow which will prevent them from picking up his $28 million option for the 2012 season.

Reports from earlier in the day suggested that they could have pushed off making this decision until Friday but the team has had plenty of time to come to a decision regarding his future with the team.

Manning will be able to start visiting with teams before the start of free agency on March 13th and you can expect to see the Dolphins and Redskins lined up and waiting for him.

Well, its official. We all knew it was coming sooner or later, and now Indy is set to draft Andrew Luck

What team do you think Peyton should go to? I think he should go to Miami, if he goes there they'll easily be set to compete for a championship

Edited by Mentch

I kind of want him because he is Peyton Manning, but I don't know what to expect. He basically runs the offense himself and our O-Line and offensive players seem to lack the knowledge of simple football, and they only have a limited time to learn the plays he is going to be running. He is also only good for like 2 more years, so after that we are back to being a garbage team with no QB. This is mainly a marketing move if we make it, the Heat and Marlins are the talk of the town.

Yea, but he is going to be expensive, no one knows how healthy he really is, our O-Line is terrible so he won't be as safe as he was in Indy, and he has like 2 good years left in him. Also, knowing our luck with QB's, he will be terrible or get injured quickly. Not saying I don't want him, just wouldn't be completely heart broken if he went elsewhere, except the Jets.

Edited by SRV

Yea, but he is going to be expensive, no one knows how healthy he really is, our O-Line is terrible so he won't be as safe as he was in Indy, and he has like 2 good years left in him. Also, knowing our luck with QB's, he will be terrible or get injured quickly. Not saying I don't want him, just wouldn't be completely heart broken if he went elsewhere, except the Jets.

He's said he would do an incentive based deal not guaranteeing much. So money is not a factor.

I'm so torn cuz that's my [expletive]a, but the Colts are my team. Yet they are pissing me off.

Colts actually got really lucky, they went from 14 years with a great QB to the next big thing at QB coming out of the draft (unless he is a bust). I am almost certain they had this planned. I don't believe that a team that wins like 13-14 games almost every season goes to the worst team in the NFL because of one player. He might be the best QB in the NFL, but the guys around him play a role and they just did nothing this season.