We will be mediocre until...

They decide to go out and spend the cash or make a trade for a big name that can create their own shoot and score 20+ on a regular basis.

This team has a bunch of 'good players' and that's it. Just a bunch of overachieving role players if you ask me.

Think about it, there are no players on this team that will become superstar status.

Thad, Iggy, Lou Will, Meeks, Jrue, and Hawes have all showed us pretty much what they will be for the rest of their careers.

Evan IMO is also just going to be that career role player.

Vucevic will put up Ilgauskas stats at best.

Sitting here and trying to win a championship with this team is not going to happen.

Trying to hit the jackpot in the draft on a gem is also going to take forever if that even happens.

Thing is, and this isn't a knock at all but with the way superstar's are these days you gotta find a guy who thinks Philly is an attractive place to play and that is willing to commit long term.

There's a ton of talent on this team though.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a gamble and maybe package some of these guys for a lottery pick in the top 5 if you can find a team willing to do it. Until Philly finds a superstar they're gonna be in that 4th/5th seed range every year.

Another thing I noticed with this team is while the talent is young, there's not too much room for growth in terms of potential for them. Only exception is maybe Holliday.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is funny what a losing streak will do. This is the exact same roster everybody was in love with three weeks ago.

This team, as currently constructed, was never going to even sniff a deep playoff run. I think people just got in way over their heads with the great start.

Also, not sure I know what you mean by this.

Thad, Iggy, Lou Will, Meeks, Jrue, and Hawes have all showed us pretty much what they will be for the rest of their careers.

Right on about Iggy, Lou, Meeks, probably Hawes and maybe to some extent Thad, but Jrue? He is 21 years old. If you think he has peaked already, for better or worse, I will have to disagree with that. Maybe he will never live up to the potential but IMO the age 21 season is way too early to make that call.

In theory, getting a big time superstar would be nice, but as Flash said they don't really grow on trees, and there are even less that would consider Philadelphia an attractive place to play. Not only do we need a superstar, but we need one that will be committed to play here for a long time. It sucks, but as Sixers fans we could have it way worse.