2012 New York Giants

• 2 weeks later...

Cruz had a good season. Especially considering the last 6 games or so Eli was pretty awful.

Where do the Giants go from here? Draft/Coaching/FA/Etc.

Should be interesting to say the least.

Cruz had a good season. Especially considering the last 6 games or so Eli was pretty awful.

Where do the Giants go from here? Draft/Coaching/FA/Etc.

Should be interesting to say the least.

Our biggest holes IMO are on the offensive line and in the secondary. I don't know what FA's are available, but I think we need to address the O-line in one of the early rounds or make a big FA splash. I'm glad we have a pick in the top half of the draft. I'm sure we'll get, a great player. Plus with an improved Wilson and Randle, our offence will hopefully look better. On defence, I think coaching needs to get the defensive line going again. I don't know what happened, but Tuck, Osi and JPP just didn't get the job done this year. I think I heard that Osi said he feels that his time with the Giants is up or something like that too. But our CB's need to get their shit together too, especially Webster. I hope Prince takes another step forward this year, and more importantly stay healthy.

Re-sign Beatty to a nice long contract.

Re-sign Martellus Bennett to a multi-year deal.

Re-sign Kevin Boothe for 2-3 years.

Keep Blackburn if he wants to be a backup/special teaser.

Re-sign Locklear as a backup swing lineman and give him time to rehab.

Re-sign Keith Rivers for a 1-2 year deal.

Re-sign Lawrence Tynes. Who gives a shit it's a kicker.

Re-sign David Carr for 1-2 years.

Let the rest of them walk. Osi, Phillips, Webster, Hixon, Bernard, Barden, Blackburn, Beckum, Tryon, Lumpkin, et al.

CUT Ahmad Bradshaw

CUT David Diehl

Use their money to bring in that cornerstone RT.

Restricted free agents and ERFA's should all be back (Andre and Stevie Brown, Cruz, Pascoe, Torain, Tracy, Cordle, Trattou).

Looking at this, we need a cornerback to go with Prince and Hosley, a MLB, throw Kiwi back on the d-line with Osi gone and let Boley and Rivers play outside, and we need a beefy RT.

Bring T2 back on a cheapie and let him run 3rd safety and nickel corner a bit?

Let the rest of them walk. Osi, Phillips, Webster, Hixon, Bernard, Barden, Blackburn, Beckum, Tryon, Lumpkin, et al.

CUT Ahmad Bradshaw

CUT David Diehl

Restricted free agents and ERFA's should all be back (Andre and Stevie Brown, Cruz, Pascoe, Torain, Tracy, Cordle, Trattou).

Looking at this, we need a cornerback to go with Prince and Hosley, a MLB, throw Kiwi back on the d-line with Osi gone and let Boley and Rivers play outside, and we need a beefy RT.

Interesting, although I'd bring back Webster and Hixon. I know Web had a tough season but I still believe in him ... and you won't find another corner out there that's better, and from what I've seen Hosley is not ready to be starting CB. I might also bring back Phillips depending on his health...

Cutting Diehl/Bradshaw does make sense although it pains me as they are long time G-Men who have won SBs here.

Tuck will be around. He was hurt all year long (seems to be a usual theme) but out of respect they should keep him around. I do think he's a good leader and seems to play his best when the games are on the line.

Interesting, although I'd bring back Webster and Hixon. I know Web had a tough season but I still believe in him ... and you won't find another corner out there that's better, and from what I've seen Hosley is not ready to be starting CB. I might also bring back Phillips depending on his health...

Oh I believe in Webster, but the man can't play in a zone. His only standout years came under Spags's man scheme. He was quite forgettable under Fewell and Tim Lewis. If Fewell isn't fired, it's not worth it to bring him back.

Hixon is going to want money, and how much are we prepared to pay a 4th wideout/punt returner?

Phillips wants a payday and I think he's too mad at the Giants to come back here. He told the media the Giants rushed his rehab and that's why he sat so much, especially pissed him off in a contract year.

On Tuck, I think he's back without question. Gotta get that shoulder right, he's been playing with one arm the past two years. Always seems to jam it and then it lasts all year.

Oh I believe in Webster, but the man can't play in a zone. His only standout years came under Spags's man scheme. He was quite forgettable under Fewell and Tim Lewis. If Fewell isn't fired, it's not worth it to bring him back.

Hixon is going to want money, and how much are we prepared to pay a 4th wideout/punt returner?

Phillips wants a payday and I think he's too mad at the Giants to come back here. He told the media the Giants rushed his rehab and that's why he sat so much, especially pissed him off in a contract year.

On Tuck, I think he's back without question. Gotta get that shoulder right, he's been playing with one arm the past two years. Always seems to jam it and then it lasts all year.

True. I definitely think the Giants should bring back Hixon though, he looked real good this year IMO...and he definitely made some big catches. Obviously, corner & OL are the two main needs for the Giants. Otherwise I think they have a good enough team to win the SB next year if they can just finish well instead of collapsing.

Would you give Hix $3M per year for a few seasons to come as the 4th WR? I agree he was good, but how much value does he carry for us?

If he wants to come back super cheap, I'm all for it. But if his money would tie up potential starting RT/MLB/CB money, I hate it.

Would you give Hix $3M per year for a few seasons to come as the 4th WR? I agree he was good, but how much value does he carry for us?

If he wants to come back super cheap, I'm all for it. But if his money would tie up potential starting RT/MLB/CB money, I hate it.

I think he carries a lot of value. Randle had a nice rookie season, but he seemed inconsistent. The Barden experience seems like a failure at this point, and so I think WR is a position you need to be deep at. With Nicks being injured all year (just wasn't the same player man) I think having 4 capable WR's is huge in the NFL ... plus, it's a passing league and giving more threats for Eli should only make him better.

CUT Ahmad Bradshaw

CUT David Diehl

I hope we can get Blackburn back. He's not starting quality, but I like him as a back-up MLB. Not a lot of guys play as hard as he does.

If we cut Bradshaw we need to sign/draft atleast one more RB for sure. I hope Scott comes back next year though.

I'm good with letting Phillips, Osi, Webster, Hixon, etc all walk.

Has anyone seen any of the possible big name FA's this year that we could potentially sign?

I disagree with drafting a RB, unless a Montee Ball is around in the 3rd or so. I think Wilson/Brown/Torain is a fine 3 headed monster, as long as Andre can be healthy for the start of the season.

I completely forgot about Andre Brown since his injury. I'm still a little sceptical on him though. He did absolutely nothing in his career before this season where he had a few good games and then got hurt. Still, having him means we shouldn't draft a RB. Still wouldn't mind signing a 2/3 string RB in FA though. And who is Torain? I don't remember any mention of him.

T - Andre Smith, Phil Loadholt, Jermon Bushrod

MLB - Rey Maualuga?

CB - Brent Grimes, Chris Houston?

I'd love if we got Andre Smith or Jermon Bushrod, although I don't know if I could get over Bushrod's name lol.

Also, i recognize Rey Maualuga's name, but I'm not sure what team he's on.

Cincinnati for Rey.

Torain was signed when Brown got hurt, but Lumpkin played ahead of him because of the need for a pass catcher/blocker.

You don't need career stats from Brown if you watched his decisiveness, quick cuts, power, and ability to hit holes last year.

You think there's a RB in FA we'd pick up to play over Brown, the way he performed last year? If not, how much are you willing to give a 3rd back when we have actual needs? Wilson/Brown is a great complimentary pair and Torain is a big, tough runner.. All you need out of a 3rd back. Rather than sign someone, I'd rather just keep Scott or Lumpkin on as a 4th back if necessary.

Yeah I guess your right about the RB situation.

Have you, or anyone else here looked at any possibilities for who we could be drafting with our 1st? I know it's still early to be talking about the draft. Just curious if you guys have anyone in particular that you like?

you can find plenty of RB's in FA or the last 2-3 rounds of the draft, no need to draft one anywhere remotely high.

If Hixon wants 3m i guess it's a stretch, but we'll see. if he'd take like 1.5 or even 2m I'd probably keep him around

They definitely need to get a serious MLB and a top notch CB. But really, the biggest key is getting the pass rush going again ... I'm not sure what happened in the last 7 games or so, but it was just awful.