2012 New York Giants

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its the same thing as last year

-We play well in October, look like one of the leagues best teams

-Play awful in November and look like we could miss the playoffs

-Play well enough in December to make the playoffs

-Champs

This year is a little different for several reasons.

Coming off the SB last year, I think definitely takes the edge off the team. I don't care what anyone says, it's hard to stay hungry after winning last season. In a league where the slightest lackluster play exposes you to extremes, it's going to be hard for the Giants to finish strong.

Secondly, this schedule is BRUTAL. I was looking at it yesterday, thinking the Giants will be fine with this divisional lead. It's a pretty darn tough schedule. I honestly can see the Giants losing just about every one of their remaining games. Seriously.

Now, the great thng about the Giants in the Eli/Coughlin era? They PLAY TO their competition. If the team they are playing sucks, such as yesterday, they come in unprepared, unfocused, and seemingly without a care. I'm hoping this tough schedule gets them to rise to the occasion. I think 9 wins gets you the division crown this year.

Edited by JYD

Rest up, get Eli's arm strength back, split carries 50/50 between Brown/Bradshaw, play Barden more, reinsert Locklear for Diehl, get Phillips back and run the 3 safety with Stevie Brown to help Webster's busted ass.

sounds like a plan. altho im not in love with barden. randle needs to step up.

Giants inserting Diehl back as starting RT. Horrible. Offense and running game has been so much better with Locklear.

Sean Locklear didn't allow a sack in 332 pass blocking snaps. David Diehl, in 132 pass blocking snaps has allowed 4, and counting

Martellus Bennett after catching a man who fell headfirst from the railing above the players tunnel:

"I was doing what I usually do, moseying to the locker room and meandering around," the colorful Bennett said. "Naturally, I just wanted to step back, but I did the righteous thing and I stepped up. I caught him, I saved his life, I tapped into my inner superhero, which I do have.

"I'm usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. He owes me his first-born or something. Actually I don't want that. Maybe a sandwich or something."

:lol:

That was a great win the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed whipping Aaron Rodgers and GB's ass. Giants look like they are back. Really needed that bye week to break the losing momentum and get re-focused. Getting the run game going was huge too, since the Giants have also had balance under Coughlin/Eli when they are their absolute best.

Losing Brown could be big, because Bradshaw is always banged up and is pretty much questionable week and week out. Looks like they have no choice but to play David Wilson...which could be a really good thing, or really bad. I'm still not sure. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...