2012 Philadelphia Eagles

Phightins

Few newsworthy items today...

Winston Justice traded to the Colts (well, basically given to the Colts) and Jamaal Jackson released. Mostly sad because these seem like two really cool dudes, but obviously this is the right football decision to make. Sounds like Justice would have eventually been released had he not been traded. Saves a few million dollars against the cap.

Only $15 mil guaranteed. Pretty awesome considering how crazy the WR market has been.

Oh didn't see that.. that's actually really good! Let's see how DeSean does this season. Are the eagles gonna make any other moves at linebacker during FA or wait till draft?

• 2 weeks later...

Ruptured achilles for Jason Peters. Will miss the whole season. And as a 30 year old offensive lineman, I'd be kind of surprised if he ever plays again. Not a good start to the year, to put it lightly.

• 5 weeks later...

Full Draft Class:

1 (12): DT Fletcher Cox

2 (46): ILB Mychal Kendricks

2 (59): DE Vinny Curry

3 (88): QB Nick Foles

4 (123): CB Brandon Boykin

5 (153): OT Dennis Kelly

6 (194): WR Marvin McNutt

6 (200): OL Brandon Washington

7 (229): RB Bryce Brown

Love.

So much d-line depth. Well done, Andy and Howie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and safety Nate Allen collided in mid-air as they tried to break up a pass intended for DeSean Jackson. As several Eagles beat writers have reported on Twitter, both men went to the ground but Asomugha took the brunt of the damage.

He was left face down on the turf for several minutes before the Eagles medical staff helped him to his feet and to a cart that took him away from practice. Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports there was blood on his shirt and that Asomugha, who suffered a concussion last December, held his head in his hand as he rode off the field. Allen got to his feet under his own power and remained in practice.

There’s no update on his condition at this point. We’ll pass one along as soon as we hear it.

source

lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

smh cant believe we lost to kolb...

michael vick has 9 turnovers in 3 games. our defense has pretty much carried us the past two games, and it was only a matter of time before we lost given how shitty the offense has been. we could easily be 0-3 right now. it boggles my mind how we dont let mccoy run more often seeing how much vick has struggled, and how effective mccoy has been this yr. but andy reid is head coach so i guess im not actually so surprised because he is stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

So, it really drives me crazy to have this team on TV every week.

Put Foles in. Run on 1st and 2nd down, hit Celek across the middle on a manageable 3rd. Control the clock, manage the game, and let your top 5 defense take care of the rest.

Enough of this SportsCenter deep ball QB scramble shit. Fumbling and giving the opponent short field is the only thing holding this team back.

Top 5 RB and top 5 defense and yet they still let Vick turn it over at will every single week. Take some [expletive]ing control, Andy. Your plan isn't working. Run it.

• Like 3

So, it really drives me crazy to have this team on TV every week.

Put Foles in. Run on 1st and 2nd down, hit Celek across the middle on a manageable 3rd. Control the clock, manage the game, and let your top 5 defense take care of the rest.

Enough of this SportsCenter deep ball QB scramble shit. Fumbling and giving the opponent short field is the only thing holding this team back.

Top 5 RB and top 5 defense and yet they still let Vick turn it over at will every single week. Take some [expletive]ing control, Andy. Your plan isn't working. Run it.

Yup, pretty much this. All comes back to one thing, though: Andy is too stubborn. Won't make adjustments during the game and won't change his overall philosophy to accommodate his roster's strengths and weaknesses. I have never considered ditching one of my teams, but the Eagles are making me come close. I just don't care anymore. I have supported him for so long, and have really wanted to see him win a Super Bowl here, but at this point Andy just has to go.

Edited by Phightins