Your move, Nets...

Real Deal

• Owner
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

For Nets, there's no substitute for losing out on Dwight Howard. Future of franchise hinges on keeping Deron Williams now. Drama's thick.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

If DHoward does opt-in for '12-13 season, Nets working on several scenarios to try and surround Deron Williams with talent, sources say.

What to do, what to do...

Let's put it this way: once Howard signs away that ETO, the Nets have little time (hours) to stick players around Deron Williams, or he will be a free agent this July...and that's scary.

Deron is gone if Dwight isn't coming. The whole world could hear Mark Cuban laughing sinisterly as the news broke that Dwight is staying; Deron is as good as a Mav now.

Unless New Jersey can trade their pick this year for a stud like they did with Deron last year (but they also gave Favors), they are [expletive]ed. The problem is, who gives good value for Deron now, knowing he is probably gone? That was an incredibly short sighted move by New Jersey last year, they mortgaged their future in the hope that hypotheticals would work out. New Jersey's biggest problem was that Deron and Dwight apparently weren't as good as friends as LBJ, Wade and Bosh.

Edited by Check my Stats

So what can you get for a package of Brooks, Humphries and NJ's pick? Do they even deal Brooks?

That is what I imagine Jersey is dangling out there, since they are most likely going to want to keep Lopez around now.

Do they make a play for Josh Smith? Atlanta is said to be unlikely to trade him before the deadline and would rather make a move in the summer.

I can't realaly think of any other All-Star/borderline All-Star out there that is available.

Do they throw in the towel and deal Williams to avoid having him walk for nothing? Stein doesn't think so:

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine

All signals from all angles point to Nets rebuffing any trade interest in D-Will over next 4 1/2 hours. That's what they're telling teams

In all seriousness, no, you're looking for something in my post that isn't there.

That being said, he picked up his option. You guys act like he signed a five-year deal with Orlando.

Yeah but why would Deron stay? Hasn't the idea been "No Dwight? See Ya!"?

Yeah but why would Deron stay? Hasn't the idea been "No Dwight? See Ya!"?

I could list out potential scenarios, but those would just be met with a few "lol" posts, which I don't feel like dealing with, so I'll leave it to you guys to consider the possibilities.

• 3 months later...

lol

You guys act like he signed a five-year deal with Orlando.

lol

I could list out potential scenarios, but those would just be met with a few "lol" posts, which I don't feel like dealing with, so I'll leave it to you guys to consider the possibilities.

Ahem. Whether or not he lands in Brooklyn, I told you this drama would return.

Edited by #HelloBrooklyn