Nets Acquire Gerald Wallace for Okur, Williams and 2012 1st

Dash

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider

NJ source on why they traded their pick to POR Top 3 protected: Only 3 players they loved: Anthony Davis, MKG and Thomas Robinson.

I can somewhat understand this, although I'm not sure I fully agree with it since I think Beal is going to be very good and if Barnes reaches his potential, he has legitimate star potential. I also think in the right situation Lamb can be a difference maker.

I still don't like it at all for New Jersey, but if it is true that they only like those 3, you can understand their thought process, even if you disagree with it like I do.

• Owner

Robinson could be going anywhere in the top 7-8 picks, depending on how Kansas performs in the tourney. He hasn't been THAT impressive, to guarantee a top three, so I'm not really sure why they would assume otherwise.

Robinson could be going anywhere in the top 7-8 picks, depending on how Kansas performs in the tourney. He hasn't been THAT impressive, to guarantee a top three, so I'm not really sure why they would assume otherwise.

Neither has MKG, which makes it even stranger.

If Barnes goes off in this tournament and leads UNC to the Final Four while MKG has an average tournament (basically, if he continues his play as of late) I can easily see Barnes jumping over MKG. The gap between them really isn't significant at all.

Of course, I am bias towards Barnes as I've been a huge fan of his ever since I saw some games of his in high school, but I don't think that is a stretch to think by any means, is it?

Also, the order of the picks is going to depend entirely on the lottery.

Davis will obviously go first, but if some sort of combination of Sacramento, Detroit, New Orleans and potentially Washington occupy picks 2-3-4 it could end up being 4 bigs in a row. If Toronto, Cleveland, Utah or Golden State end up with picks 2-3-4 it could be Davis and then 3 wings.

I really don't think that there is much seperation between guys like Barnes, Drummond, Robinson, Sullinger, Beal, Lamb and MKG. I can see any of these guys being picked 2nd just as easily as I can see them being picked 8th.