Can Phoenix Make The Playoffs?

10-3 in their last 13 games with wins over the Lakers, Memphis, Dallas and Clippers (twice). They were also right there with the Thunder late and had a 3 point loss to the Jazz, so if a couple of bounces go their way they could easily be 11-2 or 12-1 in their last 13.

Nash is playing arguably his best ball of the season so far in March and guys like Dudley, Frye and Brown have also all started to find their game in addition to the consistent play of Gortat and Hill.

They are currently 2 games back of the Rockets for the final playoff spot and only 3 games back of 4th.

However, Minnesota has struggled without Rubio and Lowry is currently out for Houston without a definitive timetable for his return.

They do have quite a few road games to end the season so that may be a problem.

Anyways, do you think they have what it takes to sneak into the playoffs in the West?

The thing that's so dangerous about the Suns, is that you just don't know who to try and lock down from night to night. One night it could be Jared Dudley going off for 25, or maybe the next night it's Channing Frye dropping 6 triples. Steve Nash is obviously always going to be a threat as well.

This team has so many parts to it that can play well, that I think they're finally starting to come into their own. As they continue to grow and learn to play with each other, they just keep getting better and better. Haven't heard many people bring Phoenix up as a Playoff contender, but I definitely could see it. With a player like Nash leading the charge, anything is possible. If I had to put a bet down on it, I'd say that they'll miss the Playoffs as the 9th seed, but it's an interesting possibility to say the least. Good thread man.

They've really surprised me as of lately, I didnt think they had a shot at making the playoffs. I thought if there was going to be a team that came out of nowhere and surprised everyone, it would be the Wolves, which to their credit they've done so far, but Phoenix is actually close to grabbing the #8 seed. I think they'll fall short in the end though, theyre still a young team (outside of Nash and Hill) that is in transition mode and they'll have stretches where they play great and stretches where they play horrible

The thing that's so dangerous about the Suns, is that you just don't know who to try and lock down from night to night. One night it could be Jared Dudley going off for 25, or maybe the next night it's Channing Frye dropping 6 triples. Steve Nash is obviously always going to be a threat as well. (....)

Don't forget about Shannon Brown.

For me the key is down low. IMO Phoenix isn't being horrible defensively, still not a good team but at least we're much stronger down low. Marcin Gortat is being very good for us and Robin Lopez adds a lot of muscle too.

As it has been said pefore, we're a very impredictable team and that's probably our best weapon. I do not believe we'll make the playoffs though, too many good teams in the West. At one point we'll lose a couple games straight and since we're already behind and on a playoff run this will probably kill us.