New Jersey @ Philadelphia

• 2 months later...

Frank's trying out a new setup of having both Boone and Lopez on the floor together, and it's worked out pretty well. Lopez has stayed out of foul trouble, and Boone puts up better numbers as well. Hassell has been great as a starter in his second game back. If Bobby Simmons can come off the bench as an effective outside shooter, then maybe we aren't looking so bad preparing for the return of Harris and Hayes.

Well neither team ever blew the game open. Our biggest lead was 8 and Philly's biggest was 6. We can look at quite a few more positives than usual this time.

As I mentioned above, Lopez seems to play better with Boone on the floor at the same time. He had his second double-double of the season tonight. He and Boone combined for 30 points on 12-23 shooting, along with 18 boards.

Hassell was great. In his first game as a starter, he put up a double-double. Simmons attempted 5 3's off the bench. He hit 2, so I guess it's not too big of a deal.

I don't think we have had an impressive 3-point shooting game yet, though we did shoot well overall today. We outscored the Sixers 54-38 in the paint as well.

I can't believe the Sixers let this pathetic Nets game get a chance at tieing the game. That is not a good sign. I don't know what to think of this team as they got destroyed by two elite teams(Boston, Orlando) and beat probably the 3 worst teams in the Eastern Conference(Knicks, Bucks, Nets). Detroit will be a better measuring stick on Sunday.

Brook Lopez seems to always have big games against Philly. Even in the preseason he went off on them. He needs some help though.

The Sixers played terrible tonight. The Nets are so banged up and the Sixers let them hang around with them the entire team and frankly are lucky to get the win. Only person who I am really happy with their play was Lou Williams who put together yet another nice showing. Did not really understand what Jordan was trying to accomplish with the rotations tonight, and why Elton Brand barely got any time on the court.