Warriors fans boo Lacob during Mullin ceremony

How is that awful? He's promising bullshit and everyone knows it. A fan can't show their anger towards an owner? He should have ended it with Mullin talking instead of putting us through hearing his voice again, after he already talked once. Smh at how people are blowing this out of proportion. The crowd had every right to do that.

You don't do it when you are honoring a very good player in Mullin. There is a time and a place to do it, tonight was not the night to do it.

He has done more for your franchise then Cohen has in his time as the GSW owner.

He handled it unprofessionally himself. He should have just stopped after Mullin talked.

How is he going to promise the playoffs for THIS season then trade our BEST player when we are less than 4 games away from the 8th seed after back to back wins against solid teams. He basically lied and gave up on the season when he promised the playoffs for this season.

Because the chances were very slim that the Warriors were going to make the playoffs? Curry was pretty much done for the year, and Ellis isnt going to lead the Warriors to the playoffs by himself. You guys are in GREAT shape when Bogut comes back healthy and you let Curry rest for the year. Thompson is the real deal, and then you tank and get that pick back.

Most owners promise playoffs in the first part of the season and then come trade deadline time, your plans change. He's not the first, and won't be the last.

4 games is a shit load of games when you are only looking at 25 games left in the season. I would rather tank and get better for next season and have a chance at a 6/7 seed then barely make the playoffs, get blown out in the 1st rd and lose that pick.

Edited by BadgerFan

Because the chances were very slim that the Warriors were going to make the playoffs? Curry was pretty much done for the year, and Ellis isnt going to lead the Warriors to the playoffs by himself. You guys are in GREAT shape when Bogut comes back healthy and you let Curry rest for the year. Thompson is the real deal, and then you tank and get that pick back.

Most owners promise playoffs in the first part of the season and then come trade deadline time, your plans change. He's not the first, and won't be the last.

4 games is a shit load of games when you are only looking at 25 games left in the season. I would rather tank and get better for next season and have a chance at a 6/7 seed then barely make the playoffs, get blown out in the 1st rd and lose that pick.

After looking at that trade past the first few days, I realized the trade isn't as bad as I first thought.

But at the same time, you have to look at the past history of the franchise. One playoff season in nearly two decades. The fans patience isn't going to be the best after all the shit they have been through. Let them know it's going to take time instead of rushing into the playoffs after one season. He promised the playoffs so much this season to a point where he said he will lower ticket prices if it didn't happen. He asked for this himself. And like a Warriors beat writer tweeted, you never talk after the guest of honor.

• Owner

Damn, there are a ton of guys on Twitter (from the media...Stein is one, Spears is another) who are blasting the Warriors fans for what they did, said they could have refrained from it because it spoiled what should have been Mullin's night, and that the fact that Mullin and Barry (esp. Barry) were so angry justifies why everyone else should see it as disrespectful and unnecessary.

How is that awful? He's promising bullshit and everyone knows it. A fan can't show their anger towards an owner? He should have ended it with Mullin talking instead of putting us through hearing his voice again, after he already talked once. Smh at how people are blowing this out of proportion. The crowd had every right to do that.

gtfo, yes you have a right to show your displeasure, but you don't sabotage the retiring of a number for once of the great players in your franchises history. Complete lack of respect and class by all the fans booing, and I'm shocked that you think that was fine. The worst part is even after Mullin came out and shut the fans up they started booing when he left, completely awful...

BTW a shit owner would have the Warriors go to the playoffs as the 8 seed, get the extra 2 home games of ticket revenue and have the team stay mediocre forever just getting money from the fans. A good owner would sacrifice the present to build a championship contender.

gtfo, yes you have a right to show your displeasure, but you don't sabotage the retiring of a number for once of the great players in your franchises history. Complete lack of respect and class by all the fans booing, and I'm shocked that you think that was fine. The worst part is even after Mullin came out and shut the fans up they started booing when he left, completely awful...

Blame the PR team or Lacob himself then. He was put in a position where he was going to get booed. He has such a big ego for a guy that doesn't back up his talk. Until you have a team that's at least .500, you should never talk after the guest of honor. It should have been host Greg Papa to announce Mullin's jersey being hung after he talked, not Lacob. He should have seen it coming. Fans pay tons of money to go to these games. It's the first time they can express their displeasure with the front office in front of a big crowd, you knew they were going to take that chance. It's not like they booed Mullin either. It was all Lacob and he should have been quiet. He knew that was coming.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

That was brutal.. Kinda felt bad for the guy but those Oakland fans are known to be some of the most vocal in the NBA .. One trade dosnt exactly give you reason to trash the dude on a jersey retirement night especially since you don't know how it's going to pan out yet . Oh and Rick Barry coming out was weak he shoUld of just left it Alone

I don't blame golden state. They traded Monta. That was their guy. That would be like trading away kobe or wade for a greg oden.

Yea probably not the right time to do it, but as fan and given that circumstance, I would boo the owner too.

if they dont like the product being put on the floor they have every right to boo the person who assembled it. its not like they booed mullin, they cheered when his name was announced. they were booing the owner and have every right to do so since they paid for the tickets, and its not like the organization has given warrior fans anything to cheer about in recent years.

• Like 1

I don't blame golden state. They traded Monta. That was their guy. That would be like trading away kobe or wade for a greg oden.

Yea probably not the right time to do it, but as fan and given that circumstance, I would boo the owner too.

This comparison makes me want to choke someone